• Announcements

    • Detrux

      Site Relaunched   10/13/2016

      Welcome back to BFEditor.org! We've upgraded the forum software, removed the spammers, and improved security. Apologies for the downtime! Det


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About amideadyet

  • Rank
  • Birthday

Contact Methods

  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

3,228 profile views
  1. If you've got a *nix system, you could do: find . -name *bundledmesh -exec strings "{}" \; | grep '/textures/.*.dds$' | uniq -c which will do what you described for all files/folders recursively in the current directory. Though, it would need a little tweaking to look in zips as well.
  2. Well, normally you'd have a lot of options, but for a program the size of 2142 some of them aren't really gonna be viable. I'd recommend IDA Pro, but it's several thousand dollars to buy (but uh, I'm sure you could find a download of the leaked v6.8 somewhere... just be careful where). Nothing else really comes close, but here's a link discussing alternatives (though this also lists debuggers, which you don't want -- only the disassemblers are relevant). If you've never done any reversing before, I'd recommend starting on some simple programs to learn before looking at 2142. Maybe try these or some of these.
  3. This is a proof of concept for hooking game engine events that are normally inaccessible to python. https://gist.github.com/AndrewMarumoto/22e4edfe8dfab12e8513d41fcca8b700 If anything is unclear, or if you just have questions in general, let me know.
  4. All things game related are in the server executable, the python library is just python (normal python, nothing game related, and nothing stripped out). I'm a bit busy with finals this week, but I'll see if I can get the writeup on hooking new events finished when I get a chance. EDIT: Ah, btw, you're not gonna be able to run it on a Pi. There aren't any ARM builds afaik.
  5. You *should* be able to get it working with a prebuilt DLL. I tried and failed, but that was under WINE instead of actual windows.
  6. Yeah, not much different besides the name of the server directory in that regard. I haven't tested it personally for bf2, but it's been done before.
  7. You can access literally anything the gameserver does, the only thing stopping you is the need to reverse engineer the relevant parts of the server executable and then (if you're hooking stuff) write the code to bootstrap python integration in assembly. So far, I've got a simple proof of concept working hooking comm rose events and having them call out to python code. Also have a thing that lets you change the server fps limit on the fly, but that's fairly simple in comparison. This stuff is all possible through static patching, but it's so much cleaner to do it at runtime using ctypes.
  8. It's been a while since I posted here... figured I'd share some of the things I've been working on since I started messing with 2142 again. The python interpreter included with vanilla Battlefield 2142 is lacking a fairly large amount of functionality. Much of this involves restrictions on OS interaction, as well as the removal of threading support and the ability to load C extensions. Due to this, a large chunk of the standard library is broken as it depends on functionality that was removed. The goal here is to replace 2142's python interpreter with an unrestricted one and to include the full standard library. https://gist.github.com/AndrewMarumoto/36f710b8e35dd99580ccf35a42eef713 ^ instructions for doing so