Official BF Editor Forums

Anyone Want A Coder?

dec

Ok, so I am a bit new to coding but I am understanding it very well. I have done a bunch of basic stuff and a few harder things (with help of researching)

Some things I have done

-Changed damage of weapons

-Took away wire guiding of missiles.

-Took away heat seeking of AA and made it detonate near aircraft, including making it go straight.

-Added remote control to claymores.

-Added weapons from another mod into my screwing around mod

-Changed zoom of weapons

-Added silencer to weapons

-Changed sounds of weapons

-Changed deviations

-Increased Recoils

-Added ambient radio to hummer

-Changed kits

-Changed crosshairs

-Changed default firing mode

-Added firing modes

Added zoom to stationary weapons

That is basic stuff, I hope it doesn't make me sound very good because I really am not.

I would prefer a mod with a experience coder already to help me out.

:)

It depend of your preference but if you like the Sci Fi and the Warhammer 40k universe (the best known video game is the rts Dawn of War), you can post on the bf40k forum (www.battlefield40k.com) or add me to your msn contact : jeremyjouin@tele2.fr

We have 3 experienced coder (you can add 3 new one learning and one guy with the same skill as you) so I don't mind adding a new "quite" experienced one ;)

That's a great gamut of stuff to have fooled around with to learn BF modding :)

If you have any interest in realism type stuff and completely fuxx0ring with the BF2 engine you can check out project reality. We're also part of black sand studios which gives you an opportunity to work on lots of mods with an international group of very talented folks.

We are a very small mod with massive plans. If you're up for a challenge and have a deep down love for fantasy then give me a pm/email. But if you're looking to join a mod where you'd learn and develop your skills, then 'heart sinks' firststrike would probably be your best bet. They've probably got one of the best coding departments in the modding scene and you'd learn alot from them.

Thats me being honest to you. The choice is yours.

We are a very small mod with massive plans. If you're up for a challenge and have a deep down love for fantasy then give me a pm/email. But if you're looking to join a mod where you'd learn and develop your skills, then 'heart sinks' firststrike would probably be your best bet. They've probably got one of the best coding departments in the modding scene and you'd learn alot from them.

Thats me being honest to you. The choice is yours.

Thats very honest but not entirely correct. At the end of the day dec you should go with a mod that is of intrest to you and what you believe would be most beneficial for you. After all its your time and resources you will be investing. Failing that sign on the dotted line

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <----- DOTTED LINE

Edited by xEROhOUR

eXperience World War II is always looking for talented coders. Here's what we need atm:

* Able to code realistic weapon behaviour, like recoil, deviation and damage, not only for handweapons, but also vehicle based.

* Willing to peek into Material Manager defines and damage tables.

* A liking for World War II stuff ( because we are a WW2 mod :P )

Our team is friendly and always willing to help ya.

If you're interested, drop me a PM or register with our forums :

http://www.xww2.com

Gotta love our FirstStrike Press Gangs :P

But anyhow, Firststrike dev Woodrow here. Xero filled me in on a few details. While obviously we, like all other mods, love getting our hands on potential new people, there are times where we fear we may not be of much use to you as an up and coming modder. Currently all our infantry combat and weapons have been implimented, so we're down to creating and coding more complex things like vehicles (pretty much completely from scratch). We're cramming for an upcoming first release, so we have little time to ourselves to fully train up people looking to get in to the action.

And, sadly, 2142 is near enough a requirement due to the changes in the engine and the fact that all our development is in it now really. We're so far removed from BF2 that it'd take a fair amount of work to convert back to that. Not to mention We make full use of many 2142 features that aren't available in BF2 so even if/when we do try and create a BF2 version it won't have all the cool toys 2142 has.

That said, if you join up with Guybrush's mod (which I recommend) then you're also welcome to swing by our Firststrike IRC channel if you want to "talk shop". I am a full supporter of potential future coders and already work with a few on various projects (both FS and other mod related). I'm also a friend of Guybrush and we chat about modding frequently, and I know he's in need of someone who has a weapon tweaking/coding experience so you would definately find both a challenge and a real role in there.

Our IRC channel is #first-strike on irc.quakenet.org

Edited by [SFaith] Woodrow