Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bf_modder

Need Help With My Mod

I want to make a new mod. In the mod I want to place all maps from BF2, BF2:Special Forces and maps I have made in the editor, you now,to have all the maps in the same place, so I dont have to change game when I want to play on a new map ;) . I also want to do so the players die in one shoot :o , mayby lower the healt or higher the "hurt" of getting hitted. By the way!, I have only found a "one-side-description"(on a another site)where it says that I am going to:

1)start the Editor and select "Create new mod". 2)Then select "Mod". And "somewhere" after that it writes that I am going to load assets from the standard BF2 game. The only problem is that the box that should be there isnt there :huh: , I mean, it writes that I should click on a box and select all stuffs to load the assets to my mod but there is no box there :o ! So please help me! :unsure: I have searched on this site but I cant find something that could help me, so please can someone be honest and help me?

Also, sorry for my bad English :( .

PS.The words that is in these " " is meyby not the right word or not right "spelled".

I think you'll run into problems with EA if you take all BF2 and expansion pack stuff and put it into one mod, unless you are only going to run this mod on your own pc and do not distribute it.

That would mean you are playing the maps on your own, with no friends, do you mean this?

P.s. your English is fine.

No, I dont gonna sell, copy it or distribute it to others but do you mean that I get in problem if I only play it on my computer and "internet"?

Edited by bf_modder

You won't be able to play on the Internet.

If you want to play BF2 on the Net, then you have to load BF2

If you want to play Special Forces on the Net, then you have to load Special Forces

If you want to play 2142 on the Net, then you have to load 2142

If you want to play Northern Strike on the Net, then you have to load Northern Strike

You can't put all of those maps into one folder and switch between them on the Internet or your computer.

You have to take all of the assets from each game (weapons, vehicles, maps, etc.) and put them into your own mod if you want to play on your computer.

One thing to remember is that a lot of features are built into the different games, BF2 and 2142. So you can't always play a weapon in bf2 that is from bf2142.

Hope this helps.

So, you mean that I can make my own mod with all maps and play on my computer but I cant play on internet? :huh:

If yes B) , I need all papers about the set-ups that I asked about in the first topic. :unsure: Please? :unsure:

You can make a mod with all BF2 and SF maps, weapons, vehicles, etc

And you can make a seperate mod for 2142 and NS maps, weapons, vehicles, etc

(providing you have the expansion packs for each game - SF for BF2 and NS for 2142)

You need to remember that bf2 and 2142 are two different games and content from one may/will not work in the other.

You can only play these on your computer and not on the Internet.

You can also play these with friends over a LAN connection (local network).

The best place to start is the tutorial section of the boards. If you're unsure, just ask in the posts there.

Also use the search button for what you are looking for.

To be honest it's a lot of work for nothing, it would be quicker/easier to open up each game, then you can play on your pc or over the Net.

Edited by Ells

I was waiting for somebody to realize this guy is going nowhere with his request. First off, he's got zero experience, that should tell you he's asking for too much too soon. Then there's the simplest fact:

Ells said it best.

All you're doing is cutting out the couple of minutes during each play session that it takes to switch custom-games. That's like 3 minutes a day and you're gonna spend 8 months working your absolute ASS off every day for hours and hours and hours on end to save that time? Have you already informed your school, work, family, loved ones and friends that you're going to be missing for the rest of 07?