Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Abort

Gulf Of Oman Terrain Textures Help

hey. i opened gulf of oman in the editor and when i tested it, the terrain textures were messed up. so i used tpaint and painted everything brown. lol does anyone know the textures to use to make the terrain more sand like?

i have the sand texture slected, but its dirt brown. I need it to be tan. also what does the color mean in the tweaker bar?

SORRY CAN you move this to terrain editor. i posted int he wrong one.

Edited by Abort

Moved to terrain editor

When using TPaint you can give it other textures for painting. Use a 512*512 TGA file for /data/low.tga, /data/steep.tga and /data/high.tga. I ave created several sets of them for different landscapes and plug them into TPaint by renaming the /data folder

Btw, there's no way for you to retrieve the original colorscheme from a retail map as they are missing the /editor folder

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

yes and when i want to edit a retail map i unzip it so i can edit it in the editor but when i got to render/detailed texture mode the terrain is black, will be like this in game or will it stay normal

make a new folder in Oman... name it editor...

then you can copy and paste the colormap folder from Oman into the editor folder of the Oman your working on...

Then run BFTpaint and use the detail and lowdetail maps it creates and paste them into the editor folder.. Then open the editor and choose the first 3 layers like you would for BFTpaint and lowdetailtype 1 for each and then generate lowdetailtextures and save...

If you have any trouble after that you can

you can paint a little spot somewhere on the map out of the way and then save and it will resave all the terrain textures...

after you have tried the first step....

Edited by [TUF]Catbox

make a new folder in Oman... name it editor...

then you can copy and paste the colormap folder from Oman into the editor folder of the Oman your working on...

Then run BFTpaint and use the detail and lowdetail maps it creates and paste them into the editor folder.. Then open the editor and choose the first 3 layers like you would for BFTpaint and lowdetailtype 1 for each and then generate lowdetailtextures and save...

If you have any trouble after that you can

you can paint a little spot somewhere on the map out of the way and then save and it will resave all the terrain textures...

after you have tried the first step....

wait, your saying doing that will make you able to texture Gulf of Omen right? not implying that if I do that I can actually get the original textures that were used? that would be awesome.