Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sxdemon

Weather, Flare & Hud In Discussion

2142 already have a weather system but I want to do something extreme with it.

Lets say that I have a map with the heaviest snow weather (I think is 5 but w/e) this map also include strong fog wich mimic the effect of a storm. And then I want to add another weather effect wich make the weather far more extreme.

Translation: I want to make an area in the weather where is far worst. Maybe I can use trigger/rable or I read somewhere that I could do that by editing "smoke". In this area, the wind would blow (Im searching for wav 4 that 2) the player would see almost nothing (like in a real blizzard).

Extra: I also want to add extra to the effect. In the blizzard the player's stamina will be drain so he wont be able to run, maybe even adding a cought wav to the player and also maybe making a new effect like the one of the emp/cloak. Like Ice on the hud.

I have no idea how to make that and I would appreciate any USEFULL help.

Ω extra: I want to add flare to vehicle. So they can see in the dark and actually, within the storm. I know that the vehicle dont even have light glass but I can alway mimic it by editing the texture. Or if someone want to edit the current vehicles models 4 me.

Edited by sxdemon

someone?

seem that I will have to search in every files to get my own anwser.

um,lets try at making an ambient effect first.

Edited by sxdemon

No way! He'd be a moron not to sit and wait for one of us to do it.

The stamina and HUD attacks are probably hard-coded and impossible. The rest is standard particle effects.

Hey sxdemon I am working on a weather system right now. Lets work together on it. I took that bf2142 weather system and applied different particles to it to make different weather effects.