Official BF Editor Forums
1/2Hawk

Advanced Lightmapping Tutorial (using 3dsmax)

OK, I've run it (with the pause command in) and I always get this:

problem with output directory [location of directory with \ instead of /]

I've tried making an output folder in the C:/ drive (to simplify things, so that it's C:/Output instead of the long desktop address) and having the output folder in the temp folder (I thought it would help, as the program has no problems creating stuff in the merged folder in the temp folder), but neither thing works!

Done, and now I don't get the error message anymore.

But...

still no DDS files.

here's my code:

@echo off
"C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 9/scripts/bf2/bin/release/mergeTgaColors.exe" "C:/Users/[me]/Desktop/Temp/" "C:/Users/[me]/Desktop/Temp/merged/"
echo .
echo .
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\scripts\bf2\bin\extern\nvdxt.exe" -file "C:\Users\[me]\Temp\merged\*.tga" -dxt1a -outdir "C:\Users\[me]\Desktop\Output"
pause

So it doesnt give you an error message anymore of any kind?

Your batch file looks ok to me, as long as those are all valid paths. I cant really think of anything else that could be wrong, sorry man.

What version of windows you useing? might be an admin rights thing.(check properties on the .bat and nvdxt.exe files to run as admin) Also check that that nvdxt.exe and and .dll's are inplace. Failing that, its been awhile but could test out your batch and a LM file, that you could upload if stuck, i've no doubt had this problem, but been too long to remember the fixes.

Edited by Bensta

Well, my demo expired, but the final problem I had was converting the merged TGA files into DDS files which the editor (and game) can read. My copy of Paint.NET can do that easily - the only problem was there were so many files. I ended up using the Paint.NET Bulk Imaging Processor and the last part turned out smoothly.

Now all I have to do is make the atlas lightmap files, put them into the game, and...