Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tcboss

Being Able To Spawn Just Once

I'm making a mod in which you should only be able to spawn just once.

But I'm new to Python, and I have no idea where to start.

If anyone could give me a twist to the right direction, or even make it, I'd be gracious.

Edited by Tcboss

I did something like that in desert conflicts "domination" game mode. One problem is that you must kill all spawn points (change the owning control point to team 0) to stop players from spawning. Once you do that, no more players can spawn, so they have a short time window to spawn. This might be a problem for you.

Another way is to set their respawn times super high, like 9999 after they die. you can set that in python using the death event

I suggest you think about your concept once more . If a player is forced to hang around in ghost mode for more than a few seconds he will probably leave and never come back. At least enable the FreeCam for him to be spectator....

Many games only have you only spwan once, so long as rounds are short theres no reason it cant be great. Can you tell us more about your plans or are you keeping it secret?

Or maybe you are going for the ultimate in reality mod - they seem to be popular at the moment. ;)

one other thing to keep in mind if you are having that sort of game play mode, is that you will want the maps to be smaller so that the rounds are short and sweet.

it sounds a lot like a counterstrike sort of idea. i like it. now you just have to make it so that the enemies set up c4 on a trailer. give the c4 a time trigger, and the other team will need engineers to disarm it before it destroys the uav lol.

Edited by -PEves-