Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
N3()K

Cp's

What do i have to fill in?

if you build a cp and name it, then you click level editor (with the cp selected) and the there's a screen with 'team 1' and ' team 2' and then 'language' and then 'flag' etc. what do i have to fill in to get the cp working?

you get 2 default teams when you start a map(US vs Mec... i believe?)... make a cp...choose flag team 1 and then make another cp...and set it to team 2

so you have 2 teams on your map..... if you add more cp's... remember to set the team to 1 or 2... 3 or 4 US flags and 3 or 4 Mec flags

The most important ones to know when youre first starting out are:

ControlPointId - This is automatically assigned when you make it and is unique for that flag. When you place spawn points and things like vehicles, if they share this number then they are active for the team who holds that flag. If you ever place a vehicle far away from a flag and it draws a line to the wrong flag, then simply change this value on the vehicle to match the flag you want to connect to.

AbsolutePosition - This is where the flag is placed on a map. Changed on the flag as you drag it around but you can also type in the values for it.

Team - As CB explained, you need at least one flag for each team (1 and 2). If its set to 0, then the flag will start out neutral / white.

Radius - This is how big of an area you can stand in to cap the flag. If you dont increase this value, you have to stand right at the flagpole which might be your issue if they dont seem to work right. Try a value like 5 and you'll see a yellow circle around the flag which shows the radius.

TimeToGetControl / TimeToLoseControl - These are the values in seconds for dropping a flag to neutral and raising a flag for your team... they dont have to be the same time.

UnableToChangeTeam - Check this box if you want to make a flag uncappable, like in a main base.

ForSoldierOnly - Check this box if you want the players to have to be on foot to cap the flag.

Study some of the DICE maps for the settings they use on your favorite maps. Once you get used to working with these values, then you may want to experiment with some of these ones:

Layer - Way over on the right side at the bottom is a box titled Layers. You can make layers (sorta like in Photoshop) to put certain flags on just the 16, 32 and/or 64 man versions of your maps. This property is also found on spawnpoints, vehicles and other stuff.

AreaValueTeam1/2 - Adjust these values to determine how the tickets bleed off. Basically each flag is worth a certain number of points. If the other team has more than 100 pts in flags and they have more points than your team has, you will start bleeding. In your map's Init there will be a line like this: gameLogic.setTicketLossPerMin 1 6 Read as team 1 bleeds at 6 tickets / min. This default may be more or less depending on exactly how many more points one team has than the other. You own less flags, you bleed a lot faster.

ControlPointName - This ties into your localization file. This way you can have CP_16_mymap_Church be written to the screen as "St Marys Cathedral" or whatever you like... even in several foreign languages.

HoistMinMax - These values determine how far up and down the flag travels on your flagpole.

Flagpole - You can call your own custom flagpole geometry. If its not the same size as the stock BF2 flagpole then the HoistMinMax property will be useful.

IsHemisphere - Normally the control radius is a sphere around the base of your flag. Unfortunately inside buildings or on docks etc then someone standing below can also cap. If you check this box then the lower half of the sphere is ignored making a hemisphere around the flag instead.

MinNrToTakeControl - If you set this to 3, then a team will need 3 players inside the control point radius in order to cap/neutralize it.

Fortunately most of these properties are in plain English so its not really all that hard to figure out what does what. Have fun changing things and see what happens... If you change the RadiusOffset, you'll learn that the cap radius will move away from the base of the flag. Then it becomes more obvious what MinimapNameOffset will do. Its really by dicking with all these properties that most of us all learned how to mod. You dont have to save your changes - and its always good to keep backup copies of stuff when youre just starting out esp.

Ah... that builds up your LevelSettings in your map's Init.con. For that, maybe open up a stock map and copy what they have until you get familiar with how the soldiers and kits are called in a map. For example, this sets up China vs US on Dalian Plant.

[size=2]rem ------------------------------- LevelSettings -------------------------------

rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

gameLogic.setTeamName 1 "CH"

gameLogic.setTeamName 2 "US"

gameLogic.setTeamLanguage 1 "Chinese"

gameLogic.setTeamLanguage 2 "English"

gameLogic.setTeamFlag 0 "flag_neutral"

gameLogic.setTeamFlag 1 "flag_ch"

gameLogic.setTeamFlag 2 "flag_us"

gameLogic.setKit 1 0 "CH_Specops" "ch_light_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 2 0 "US_Specops" "us_light_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 1 1 "CH_Sniper" "ch_light_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 2 1 "US_Sniper" "us_light_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 1 2 "CH_Assault" "ch_heavy_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 2 2 "US_Assault" "us_heavy_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 1 3 "CH_Support" "ch_heavy_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 2 3 "US_Support" "us_heavy_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 1 4 "CH_Engineer" "ch_light_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 2 4 "US_Engineer" "us_light_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 1 5 "CH_Medic" "ch_light_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 2 5 "US_Medic" "us_light_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 1 6 "CH_AT" "ch_heavy_soldier"

gameLogic.setKit 2 6 "US_AT" "us_heavy_soldier"

rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/size]

ok, so now i've done as you told and finished my map. then i made a mod of it and tried to play it. but when i click on 'create' in multipay, local, i get a ctd.

could someone plz look what's wrong/missing?:

my mod

ty

you don't have any textures on your map... run BFTpaint... set lowdetailtype to 1 instead of 0 and generate lowdetailtextures.... and check out the BF2 map making tutorials...they help with 2142

geez, i can't find anywhere what i'm doing wrong......

i have textures on my map now, done everything i could find what might be missing and still it doesn't work. :unsure:

btw in the level settings there's still nothing. i tried editing the init.con file and there it says what it should be saying but in the editor i get this:

editor2eg4.jpg

:blink:

geez, i can't find anywhere what i'm doing wrong......

i have textures on my map now, done everything i could find what might be missing and still it doesn't work. :unsure:

btw in the level settings there's still nothing. i tried editing the init.con file and there it says what it should be saying but in the editor i get this:

editor2eg4.jpg

:blink:

Hi guys, I am also getting the same problem, an empty level settings box with empty drop down menus, I am also having a problem with viechle spawner as when I rightclick, box apears empty with no viechles, it worked fine before, but recently I have copied "what I thought was missing content" to the objects folder etc, and now it seems half resources are missing and other content, level settings tab is empty and object spawner empty, please could someone help, I have fiollowed the basic turorial word for word on the wiki and here, and followed advice on setting up the files properly (extracting object zips into objects folder etc). Presumably the reason that I cannot see the map in the "ingame" list is because I have not done the level settings right?

Please someone save my week!

Thanks in advance.

You having these problems in a mod, or with normal bf2? eitherway those settings are from the mod folder found inside bf2editor folder.

The most important ones to know when youre first starting out are:

ControlPointId - This is automatically assigned when you make it and is unique for that flag. When you place spawn points and things like vehicles, if they share this number then they are active for the team who holds that flag. If you ever place a vehicle far away from a flag and it draws a line to the wrong flag, then simply change this value on the vehicle to match the flag you want to connect to.

AbsolutePosition - This is where the flag is placed on a map. Changed on the flag as you drag it around but you can also type in the values for it.

Team - As CB explained, you need at least one flag for each team (1 and 2). If its set to 0, then the flag will start out neutral / white.

Radius - This is how big of an area you can stand in to cap the flag. If you dont increase this value, you have to stand right at the flagpole which might be your issue if they dont seem to work right. Try a value like 5 and you'll see a yellow circle around the flag which shows the radius.

TimeToGetControl / TimeToLoseControl - These are the values in seconds for dropping a flag to neutral and raising a flag for your team... they dont have to be the same time.

UnableToChangeTeam - Check this box if you want to make a flag uncappable, like in a main base.

ForSoldierOnly - Check this box if you want the players to have to be on foot to cap the flag.

Study some of the DICE maps for the settings they use on your favorite maps. Once you get used to working with these values, then you may want to experiment with some of these ones:

Layer - Way over on the right side at the bottom is a box titled Layers. You can make layers (sorta like in Photoshop) to put certain flags on just the 16, 32 and/or 64 man versions of your maps. This property is also found on spawnpoints, vehicles and other stuff.

AreaValueTeam1/2 - Adjust these values to determine how the tickets bleed off. Basically each flag is worth a certain number of points. If the other team has more than 100 pts in flags and they have more points than your team has, you will start bleeding. In your map's Init there will be a line like this: gameLogic.setTicketLossPerMin 1 6 Read as team 1 bleeds at 6 tickets / min. This default may be more or less depending on exactly how many more points one team has than the other. You own less flags, you bleed a lot faster.

ControlPointName - This ties into your localization file. This way you can have CP_16_mymap_Church be written to the screen as "St Marys Cathedral" or whatever you like... even in several foreign languages.

HoistMinMax - These values determine how far up and down the flag travels on your flagpole.

Flagpole - You can call your own custom flagpole geometry. If its not the same size as the stock BF2 flagpole then the HoistMinMax property will be useful.

IsHemisphere - Normally the control radius is a sphere around the base of your flag. Unfortunately inside buildings or on docks etc then someone standing below can also cap. If you check this box then the lower half of the sphere is ignored making a hemisphere around the flag instead.

MinNrToTakeControl - If you set this to 3, then a team will need 3 players inside the control point radius in order to cap/neutralize it.

Fortunately most of these properties are in plain English so its not really all that hard to figure out what does what. Have fun changing things and see what happens... If you change the RadiusOffset, you'll learn that the cap radius will move away from the base of the flag. Then it becomes more obvious what MinimapNameOffset will do. Its really by dicking with all these properties that most of us all learned how to mod. You dont have to save your changes - and its always good to keep backup copies of stuff when youre just starting out esp.

Thanks for this info. I came looking for this exact info. There seems to be 1 thing missing though, "Hoistflag". I assume that means the flag is hoisted high when checked, low when unchecked, but to be sure, can you confirm thats what it means?