Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OLEG-RUSSIA

Ka-50 Hokum

Hi everybody again , it was long time ago that i have visiting this forum , meybe you remember mine first Ka-50 that i was created in 3dsmax. 8 mounths ai switched from 3dsmax to maya and i am so happy .if you want to see old ka-50 check

And now about new one , in 4,5 days i have created this ka-50 in maya complitely from 0% i try to create so lowpoly as its possible but very detailed and realistic.At this moment i need to create only interior and then model is done , after just col and lods. And start paint super detailed and beautiful textures .

Thx all.

33nj1.th.jpg34nv6.th.jpg

35yv4.th.jpg36ph4.th.jpg

37ag2.th.jpg39oi4.th.jpg

40hm0.th.jpg41zn5.th.jpg

42xe1.th.jpg

Edited by OLEG-RUSSIA

Lo, really nice Oleg, it makes me think about the next lock-on Black Shark, u explode the poly count of bf2's limit ?

Btw good job !

B.R.

"u explode the poly count of bf2's limit " Yes i am:) create so lowpoly as it possible but very detailed, it will be bit higher poly than old model.But it must work:)

those autocannons look great. making for some mod, i guess.

yes i make it for my friends , they have asked me give them old ka-50 but i tiold them :" you know i want try to remodel whole ka-50 after 8 mounths of working in maya , but i make it also for my self wanna fly in it and meybe later gonna place this heli in some CG movie when i gonna create it.And meybe also for sale if model is complitely done. So i make this model for mod , my self(cg stuff) and sale.

Lowpoly interior is done: :)Now need to create only uv,textures , col and lod geometries , so lowpoly as it possible .After just export in game and paste code from old model and edit a bit.

Whole model took 6 days of work, modeled in Maya :)

55hd9.th.jpg

56hq8.th.jpg

57pr7.th.jpg

58cp3.th.jpg

59oz0.th.jpg

60ol1.th.jpg

Yeah, thats gorgeous. Really nice job. *thumbs* Where did you get your reference information to work off of?

Yeah, thats gorgeous. Really nice job. *thumbs* Where did you get your reference information to work off of?

I have find on internet best blueprints that you can find with mega huge resolution and finily finded on 1 site gallery of photos of each part of chopper with high resolution (it was realy difficult to find something like this , normaly you can find just standart not detailed photos and bluprintsthis ,this time i was lucky) , it`s pitty that they hasn`t make more photos as from rotor , rear landinggear, and some more important parts , so i was started modeling with basics on bluprints and after just only by photo material and cheking it by blueprints , now you can understand why mine 30mm canon is not detailed and meybe some pices is incorrect i have no foto`s from it only from far distance.

Cockpit was complitely created with help of photos that i have , just photos and eye modeling.

:)

Edited by OLEG-RUSSIA

New update , finaly i am finished with outside UV layout , was working on it about 4-5 together.At this moment i need to create only uV layout only for interiour but its , only 3-4 hours of work, difficultly part of UV is behind. :)

Totaly it will be about 3 textures ,3 uv sets (1.heli hull with some separated parts ,2. small and medium details including rotors, 3.interieur with all displays and buttons).

Latest screens that i have.Check it out:)

P.S. on hull you see some areas without checker , this are are uvmapped but only have no checker texture , and it`s special so can i see , areas wich is in over uv set in first 1 was not enought space for this areas .

61aw4.th.jpg62sp0.th.jpg

63of3.th.jpg64qg5.th.jpg

65he5.th.jpg66fd4.th.jpg

Edited by OLEG-RUSSIA

Isnt that the funnest job ever? :o BTW, getting good at unwrapping is a great way to make it on a mod team because most people hate doing this crap.

Unwraping for me is almost same as moddeling, ofcourse i`d like a bit more modeling then unwraping ,i understand people who dont like unwrap because it take more time then modeling, but i wanna learn everything of 3d because of that i like it.When you unwraping you need to look at many aspects like size of texture and how you gonna texture it etc.Anyway without good unwraping , your model will be looking terrible , because you will not get good textures so it`s one of most important steps in moddeling for me :)

Edited by OLEG-RUSSIA

Yeah I dig it too because its a bit like solving a puzzle (and besides I skin and model like a complete @sshat). Seems like every project I find some new interesting tool or function that makes it easier. And everytime I go look at earlier stuff Im horrified with myself. For example, used to eyeball stuff, later learned to use the scale tool to wrestle pixels into line and more recently found you can snap uvw lines along pixels (little magnet with a P bottom right corner). Eventually you learn that if some basic thing like this is a total pain in the butt then somebody has probably come up with a way to make it easier... just a matter of finding out how.

So is this going to be part of a mod or just a portfolio project? :)

At first point it`s gonna be for mod after i gonna combine this Ka-50 with another portfolio project on that i working for whole 8 mounths (designing creating each pice of it and again designing)about 70% is already done, it`s huge work and to get it done i need to buy Quadro videocard wnna buy nvidia quadro 5600 so i try to safe now so much money as it`s possible , so i gonna also sale this chopper n one of 3d websites for models (turbosquid or somethingm olike that) when it`s done to save so much money as it`s possible.I am done now with uv , now need only to paint textures create,place pivots with , orientators, col meshes, and export codes for model is already done.

At first point it`s gonna be for mod , mine Russian friends asked me to help them ,after i gonna combine this Ka-50 with another portfolio project on that i working for whole 8 mounths (designing creating each pice of it and again designing)about 70% is already done, it`s huge work and to get it done i need to buy Quadro videocard wnna buy nvidia quadro 5600 so i try to safe now so much money as it`s possible , so i gonna also sale this chopper n one of 3d websites for models (turbosquid or somethingm olike that) when it`s done to save so much money as it`s possible for videocard.I am done now with uv , now need only to paint textures create,place pivots with , orientators, col meshes, and export codes for model is already done.

Here`s UW layouts that i have unwraped.Mine first time in UV unwraping in Maya, And 4th time that i unwrap in mine life 3 other was in 3dsmax.

For not important objects that is to small in scaling and areas that bad visible have created not so structured uv`s as for important objects.To spend so less time as it`s possible.

Primary hull:

ka50primaryrr9.th.jpg

Attacheble details to hull:

ka50secondaryni5.th.jpg

Cockpit:

ka50intereuroa0.th.jpg

looks good, bare in mind missiles are added onto the object though code, as a separate object, and are labeled "dummy projectile" as when the missile gets fired, the one on the rack disapearas and a projectile missile is spawned which you see fly away, and it uses the "dummy projectile" as a "barrel" :)

so ye if there is missiles that are already in vbf2 that are on this chopper, best to use them than import a new version and have a new texture for it etc :)

looks good, bare in mind missiles are added onto the object though code, as a separate object, and are labeled "dummy projectile" as when the missile gets fired, the one on the rack disapearas and a projectile missile is spawned which you see fly away, and it uses the "dummy projectile" as a "barrel" :)

so ye if there is missiles that are already in vbf2 that are on this chopper, best to use them than import a new version and have a new texture for it etc :)

I know it :),all what i need to do is only create new missile in 3d as in real , and it`s done, i have also ready code for it.Just few changes and it`s done.:)

New update , finaly i started painting textures.I don`t have alot of time ,because have vacations from school so i try to work by mine boss to save money for videocard . I Spend about 2-3 hours a day to work on chopper.

Hope to finish painting textures in end of next week.:)

Screens(try to paint by foto`s to get most realistic comuflag, as in the real):

67xf8.th.jpg

68xd3.th.jpg

69tl4.th.jpg

Edited by OLEG-RUSSIA

"looks like a good base, thou personally I would prefer a black skin for it :D "

Haha , military don`t use black skin , ka-50 with black skin is oldest version and it is used as show model prototype like that, a this moment i saw alot of modifications for military of ka-50 , it have skin like this:

ka50topview1oclock5ik9.th.jpg

And at the second , black skin looks not so cool and beauty , also to easy to paint textures for it.:)

Edited by OLEG-RUSSIA

New update. 1 day of work (This time started painting all holes and make bump for hull, try to get most realitic bump of all small details)After when done with this stuff gonna add dirt and some symbols , and this texture is finaly will be done:)

Screens:

73af6.th.jpg74nk0.th.jpg75rv4.th.jpg

76qc9.th.jpg77hv2.th.jpg

Edited by OLEG-RUSSIA

nice work on the bump map :D

Haha thx, it`s just begining ,wait till bump is comlitely done , with dirt texture and all small symbols ( images, letters,numbers ,etc)

Then it will be looks much real:)