Official BF Editor Forums
SirCommandant

Particlesystememitter

Hey Guys!

I have a simple question.

In bf2 exsists a object named "ParticleSystemEmitter".

But it only works with an parameter like "em_exp_firefinger_large"

My question now is:

Is there a list of parameters (altenatives) wich I can type in there?

'em_exp_firefinger_large' is no parameter but an emitter coded in a different section of the effect. So you're free to replace the existing emitter with another one you've coded.

As the name says, a 'ParticleSystemEmitter' is an effect which emits particles. These particles have an optional texture and can be coded to be subject to gravity ( positive or negative ) , change their color,size and transparency over their time to live , have a rotation and so on. Most smoke effects are of that kind and a look at some existing tweak files for ambient effects gives you a lot of examples on what you can do with it.

Effects in BF2 are bundled in 'EffectBundles' , kinda container where you can put multiple effects into. The Bundle in itself can be started or stopped by external events but most are coded to run forever. The Bundle then controls all of its children which are the real effects , like the 'ParticleSystemEmitter' , a 'TrailSystem' , a 'NonScreenAlignedParticleSystem' and what there is more.

The start on and stop on numbers; type them into "calculator" (in all programs --> accessories), and go into scientific mode. Click on "bin" (binary), and it will bring up ones and zeros. Each one or zero corresponds to a different event.

That is unnecessary - the editor pops up a list of valid events and you can simply set a checkmark on the event you want to start or stop your effect with. This is similar to the behaviour of the 'CollisionGroups' list.

I know hoe to create a effect!

And I'm using both, the BFeditor and the notepad.

I only wanted to know how to import custom effects in my Particlesystememitter and where I must save it so I can use it correctly in my Pa

Me too!

Not for ages, but for days :D

and UberWazuSoldier...

You don't got the point of this thread..

pls read the whole Thread before posting anything!

Edited by SirCommandant

Ahh, I actually did (several times), but your vague terminology in your posts confused me =P

So, do you mean adding your pre-made effect parts? And how they sometimes don't show on the add existing template menu?

Edited by UberWazuSoldier

Take your own advice man. You keep referring to objects as "parameters", and emitters as "effects". Maybe that is why nobody has understood the question. It's pretty clear that we do know what we're talking about, so please explain which part you're having difficulty grasping again?