Official BF Editor Forums
sushiman

Which Maya Plugins Need I For Bf2

Hi

Were can i download the plugins and importer/exporter, need for Bf2?

and maybe tutorials for download.

cya

Edited by sushiman

The BF2 plugins for Maya are installed with the editor . Note that you export an .MB file from Maya and import that into the editor by using its model import feature.

The 'official' tutorials by LBrown are Maya-based and thats all there is. As mentioned before only a very few guys use Maya for modelling in this forum.

LBrowns tutorials can be found at the Doomlab archive for BF2 :

http://www.doomlab.com/bf2info.html

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

Hi, i need the plug-ins to import BF heroes and BF2 objects (soldiers, terrain, etc) into Maya, where can i find it/them?

To make the reply a little longer ;) i tell u that i' m trying to make a movie with some models from these games (with modifications, obviously; but without touch the game) and i need animators, voices, maybe some legal help :P and other things...

Cya.

Plug in for maya comes with the game.. although maybe installed with the editor, but should be... EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\maya But the only version of maya that supports the plugins is maya 6 if i remember right. Anyway good luck with what your doing, just don't expact loads of help from here as not many if any use maya.

3dsMax is a pretty big stretch money-wise for most people (quite a few people pirate it as a result), and Maya doesn't really have enough advantages unless you're a big-budget company.

i need the plug-ins to import BF heroes and BF2 objects (soldiers, terrain, etc) into Maya

Afaik, there never was a plugin that enabled Maya to import obbjects from the game.

Afaik, there never was a plugin that enabled Maya to import obbjects from the game.

:( OK, thx for reply...

Plug in for maya comes with the game.. although maybe installed with the editor, but should be... EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\maya But the only version of maya that supports the plugins is maya 6 if i remember right. Anyway good luck with what your doing, just don't expact loads of help from here as not many if any use maya.

I found the plugins in the game (i need another ejes :lol: ), i will try to learn how to use them and on wich maya version works

3dsMax is a pretty big stretch money-wise for most people (quite a few people pirate it as a result), and Maya doesn't really have enough advantages unless you're a big-budget company.

I know that it' s very expensive, but a friend has the software on his computer (demos, except the after effects) and he borrows me his computer...

Well, thx anyway

Cya

PD: Sry for my english.

and on wich maya version works

reportedly the Maya tools only work with Maya 6.0 and Maya 6.0.1 .

I know that it' s very expensive, but a friend has the software on his computer

You always could install gmax 1.2 on your machine and use the gmax BF2 tools which are way better documented than the Maya tools.

You can obtain gmax for free here:

http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax/

If you're a computer guy you even can try to use the Max tool scripts and adopt them for gmax use as gmax is a spin-off from an older Max and uses the same scripting language.