Official BF Editor Forums

Ka-50 Hokum !done!

OLEG-RUSSIA

Hi everybody here is my Ka-50 comlitely done for sale , it took alot of time and hard work to get all stuff together check it before uploading on Turbosquid. Today after intituut i`m gonna upload this ka-50 to site.So tomorrow this heli is aviable on site for sale:)I had alot of problem to make nice renders and all this stuff , mental ray was crashing everytime because i have created used 6-7 textures 4096x4096 to make nice render.But with raytracing and Finalgather it was crashing so i choice to render with standart maya software render.:) Here is everything done just take a look at screens:)Also if you want you can read PDF.:)I have just created RAR archive of all files , that will be son sale , unrared it`s 1,02GB(psd files, 100% editability:) ) and if i comopress it i gett 400 mb :)

From now gonna make it game ready ,optimize make col`s and export:)

PDF:

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Screens:

ka50finalwoodlandmg8.jpg

ka50finalwoodlandmg8.76ff64c652.jpg

ka50finaldesertiw0.jpg

ka50finaldesertiw0.e74068472d.jpg

10ks3.jpg

10ks3.f708e76a6b.jpg

39692275em5.th.jpg23687603id3.th.jpg94473681wk8.th.jpg11zi6.th.jpg67593365wo1.th.jpg

39856340oj4.th.jpg60045198dv8.th.jpg93092486pc2.th.jpg11zi6.th.jpg12ca6.th.jpg

13zm7.th.jpg14jk7.th.jpg17yo4.th.jpg16dw5.th.jpg18rh3.th.jpg

:wub: soo nice it's hard to believe it's 4 BF2 ! That will be a battle in the battle to jump in at the start of the round !

Great job.

If the bf2 engine allowed this, the spriral trajectory of the AT-9 Vikhr would be awesome !

B.R.

Ye man , 1 problem is that i don`t know how to get spiral trajectory working gonna work on it with PR team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok guys, it`s time to post first video of heli ingame.i had no time to make nice trailer, but i gonna do it for sure when i am complitely done with heli(just need to fix some few mistakes in texture and uv coordinates,after optimization found just 2 small problems in uv ,it will take few minutes to fix them out, but this update will come with "Ka-50 Hokum" Test v0.4)Gonna call some guys to help me in filming trailer.You an see that heli don`t have hud`s yet ,but they will be added later :)

P.S. i advice you to download and view video with Quicktime player(video is brighter)

Hope you like it:)

HQ video(download link and at the same time,streaming video):

ka50new.mov - FileFront.com

Youtube-lowest quality:

Nice looking chopper dude ;)

Wont it be included in any mods, or will it only be available for sale? cause im thinking, if its in a mod or something, it wont be kept pay-only for long..

• 4 weeks later...

YEHAAAAAAAAA IT`s time for public test guys.

Play with your friends online or lan in COOP mod and try this heli out on stupid bots :) or fight against each other.

Read README files for installation info.

Download links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/136105683/Ka-5...t_v0.4.rar.html

http://files.filefront.com/Ka+50+Test+v04r...;/fileinfo.html

If you have interes in playing together coop mod or something like that join Hamachi room:

room: Ka-50 Test

pass: pass

bf22008080916303636wc5.th.jpgbf22008080916311611we7.th.jpgbf22008080916313604cg1.th.jpgbf22008080916315028ku0.th.jpg

Does this mean that its free now? Can it be included in own mods, custom maps and so on.. (and can it be used with vanilla and vanilla navmeshes?)

If its free for mods and custom maps id really like to use it :)

EDIT: Oh and can it be used instead of the AH-1Z and the Z-10? (like in the pictures)

Edited by TNE26

Does this mean that its free now? Can it be included in own mods, custom maps and so on.. (and can it be used with vanilla and vanilla navmeshes?)

If its free for mods and custom maps id really like to use it :)

EDIT: Oh and can it be used instead of the AH-1Z and the Z-10? (like in the pictures)

Yes it`s free now ,but ONLY for INGAME use not 3d, and is somebody wanna of you wanna use it you must put my name by the next CREDITS as in readme file "credits" ,that you can find in "Ka-50 Test v0.4".

Credits:

Modeling

UV Unwraping

Texturing

Painting textures

Exporting

Importing

Coding

Now is just test version 0.4 it have some bags and lags which must be fixed out.In any case you can try it in your mod , maybe some of you guys ,can fix it out ,but then upload the fixed tweaks ,so everybody can get updated. And please ,can somebody of you guys make nice ,fully working hud as on the real ka-50 hokum.

Edited by OLEG-RUSSIA

Oh, great :)

Is it free to use in any mod (with proper credits of course :lol:)?

Great :lol:

Ill implement it in my mod right away! :)

• 1 year later...

OLEG'S Hokum does patch all kinds of stuff , like the HUD files and the MemeAtlas. Its not easy to integrate it into an existing mod without changing ( and repacking ) most parts of the mod, which will render it useless for online playing.

Also this heli comes with a LOT of polies and might cause considerable lag on an average machine. Its a great model nevertheless but eats up a lot of resources.

Your best bet is to either change the hokum tweak to point to existing HUD setups and existing icons from either PoE2 or vanilla BF2.

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The main problen with Ka-50 crashes on ATI Radeon video cards are Ka-50 Hud textures.Next files are the сausality of the crashes:

texture files that cause a crash at start-up:

Ka50Pilot_CircleTarget.dds

Ka50Pilot_CircleLocked.dds

texture files that cause a crash in-game:

Ka50Pilot_Hud.dds

Ka50Pilot_C.dds

Ka50Pilot_CrosshairLocked.dds

Ka50Pilot_LaunchToTarget.dds

Ka50Pilot_identification.dds.

Taked from Project Reality forum.

What is wrong with that files?I try to open them in Photoshop(yeap,I download .dds plugin).But they didn't open(((

Yeah those textures are "damaged". This means, either an incorrect/outdated format or simply byte-level damaged. Textures used in meshes that are damaged causes a ctd without error during loading, textures used in the HUD causes a ctd without error when the HUD is generated.

Reason for in-game crash:

During load the game makes "pointers" to these textures without loading them. When the texture is needed, they call for "load texture" and the texture is loaded. Error in load and the game crashes to desktop without a warning.

Only solution is to somehow restore the textures if possible, and re-exporting them in the correct dx5 dds format.

NOTE:

There is absolutely no difference between .tga and .dds. When the game looks for "Ingame\weapons\icon.tga" it looks for "ingame\weapons\icon".

Guess that's it with bf2 textures, have a nice day :D