Official BF Editor Forums
A-Train

Is There A Way To Load The Titan Into The Editor?

Hey guys, I've been able to get everything to load into the editor except:

Vehicles

Flags

Spawn points (I got them to load once...but then never again)

Titan.

I would like to know how to load the titan. It's bugging me.

Hey guys, I've been able to get everything to load into the editor except:

Vehicles

Flags

Spawn points (I got them to load once...but then never again)

Titan.

I would like to know how to load the titan. It's bugging me.

Just out of curiousity,why do you want to load everything into the editor ?

Well, for the last 2ish years, I've editing 2142 through notepad...only using the editor as a reference guide for placement of things but ultimately "guessing" where things go through notepad. This is a long and tiresome process. I'm ready to just to be able to click the "save" button and have all my work finished.

someone made a place holder object for the Titan and certain vehicles for placement testing in the editor... I'll try and find the post...

Placeholder? I need the actual model in the game because I'm placing spawns on the titan and well, I need to be able to see the actual model to know where to place them.

ahh... maybe you could ask the DICE guys...they would know or the Sir Community...they have a Titan on their wake island map?

actually its quite easy although you gotta do a few things

Delete EU_POD from vehicles folder

open as/eu_titan_playtest.tweak and either delete or rem out the at spawner and the pod array.

now your able to load it into the editor without making it crash, mind it does make the editor lagg like sheit so

Simple. Look at my tutorial below my post, Copy a gameplayobject.con from GameMods\[gamemode]\[gamesize]\gameplayobjects.con into Editor\Gameplayobjects.con

I got the pac titan loaded into the editor, which line of code is responsibile for the external shield?

found it though i haven't tested it as i have the editor still open

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate as_titan_forcefield

ObjectTemplate.setPosition 2.712/3.85275/-29.9

You can just select the shield in editor and delete it by pressing Delete button (located in the same block with Home, End, PageUp and PageDown, for newbies ;) ).

And how can I load NS's IFV (Goliath) into editor? It generates an exeption and closes, asking about opening dump folder when I double-click on EU_IFV in Resources bar. I have made TitanAA turret that is mountable to other vehicles evil.gif, but I need to adjust it's position.

You can't load objects with more than 26 geometries in the editor as this was the limit for BF2 objects. Loading Objects with more than 26 geometries is only possible if you ( temporarily ) cut down the geometry count ( by e.g. manipulating the *.con file ) .

You can't load objects with more than 26 geometries in the editor as this was the limit for BF2 objects. Loading Objects with more than 26 geometries is only possible if you ( temporarily ) cut down the geometry count ( by e.g. manipulating the *.con file ) .

I've loaded EU titan with NO changes. Just copied it's folder from 2142 Vehicles_server[client].zip to BF2 Objects_server[client].zip/vehicles.

The only problem is that I cant move any object while it's loaded using coords arrows, so I nee dto guess them via ShowRelativeTransformView.

btw: what makes it unmovable by physical affections in-game? It has mobile physics. TitanControlObject?