Official BF Editor Forums
Interstate76

The Interstate Nitro Mod Team Is Recruiting!

The Interstate Nitro mod is a car combat and racing mod based off of the best game of all time, Interstate 76! We need skinners, modelers, mappers, coders and basicly anyone that knows how to mod BF2.

For those of you that don't know what Interstate 76 is:

If anyone ever played Mech Warrior and appreciated it's realistic and in-depth approach, this is what Interstate 76 was. An in-depth realistic approach to Autocombat, basing itself off of the CaRPG: Autoduel. Obviously, this is not a Twisted metal, nor an Interstate 82, but similar in theme. It's the realistic and in-depth approach that the devs took w/Interstate 76 that made it so great and different.

W/RPG elements like Character advancement(your car in this case); having to shift into reverse instead of autoreverse; a "start button" to turn your ride on and off, great for deflecting Dr. Radar Missiles; the realistic car handling; the great voice acting, story and cutscenes; it was all these 'little' things that added up to be a rewarding and memorable experience.

Our goal is to bring that feeling of Interstate 76 back once again as much as we can in the BF2 engine. And so far, it's turning out to be alot more fun than any of us anticipated.

Right now we really need someone that is efficient and productive at making BF2 statics. If you are good at just skinning and finishing them, we could really need the help as well. So either way, we'd love to hear from you.

Please respond here or pm me if you're interested. Or you can head over to www.isnitro.com and post in the "recruitment" section. I look forward to hearing from you guys!

cavera_01.jpg

piranha_01.jpg

NEVER get out of the car.

Edited by Interstate76

What kind of weapons are you planning to arm the cars with? Sounds like a lot of fun.

We've already got 90% of the weapons done: 7.62mm mg, 20mm cannon, 30cal mg, 50cal mg, DrRadar missiles(heat seaking), dual 7.62's, dual 50cal's, FireRite launcher(dumb fire shoots 3 at a time), flame dropper, mines, and a rear firing 30cal. Hopefully we'll have mortars soon, caltrops, bloxdropper and a couple more rear firing weapons.

I'm glad to see this mod still in development, I played a lot of Interstate 42 and have been jonesing for more Interstate action ever since. Are you guys going to have the stunt cars with the thrusters, I really enjoyed those way to much? Can't forget about the monster trucks, will those easter eggs still be around?

Edited by showNOmercy

We really need modelers, skinners and mappers! Please, if you have any skills related to modding(especially w/bf2) pm me!

The mod is turning out to be alot more fun than anticipated w/fully destructable objects/buildings and AI that hunts you down!

Get your funk on, jump in a muscle car and blast your opponents away with a deadly arsenal of weapons and destroy their oil reserves or defend them depending on what team you're on.

I might be interested in helping you guys out. Not full time or anything, but I think I could contribute. What kinds of things do you need modeled? I mean obviously you need Groove, right? And do you guys have a Mondo Burger? And Skeeter OMG it's been too long since I76. Cop car, van, milk truck! Wow you do have your work cut out for you.

I've never played this game, I don't think I am as old as you guys. The games I remember most are good ol ps1 games like Need for Speed 1 and I was very young when I played the first Crash Bandicoot series - I think I was 4.

@ Chael

Register in our forum and show what you can do :)

It's fine that you don't want to be full time dev for us, we'd appreciate every kind of help.

Having an other playermodel is no priority and yes we have a Mondo Burger 95% finished.

Most important are any kind of static objects from IS76. References here

@rhysm_08 I hadn't played it either until I joined the mod :P

Edited by Cassio

Chael, we could definitely use the help! If you can model characters, or just about anything, that would be a big help. Like Cassio said, sign up in the forums @isnitro.com and post in the recruitment section what you can do.

Rhysm, we could use the help even if you've never played the original game. Apply @isnitro.com

rhysm08, you should really join this mod. Its the only one where you can contribute your cars and show them to the world. Also these guys can help you with all aspects of car coding and handling.

BUT my help will be a bit short as I am doing other things
like what ? :P

like what ? :P

007 Quantum of Solace intro movie in BF2 ;)

I might have a sec to spare sometime, but can't guarantee..

Well, what do you need.. Starting school next week, and have some stuff to do this week too, but let me know what you need i might be helpful with.. You can add me on Xfire if needed: tne26

We need statics and vehicles mainly right now. If we can get a good base of statics, then we can go crazy on the map making. We have a list of things that need to be done on our forums: www.isnitro.com

If you applied there I can give you dev status and you'll have access to our list. Then just pick something that you'd like to do and I can mark your name on it.

Ok cool.. I'll have a look. Can't guarantee anything though, but I'll love to have a look at it.. Might be something i can do.

Edit: hmm.. not getting an activation email? anyway.. can login, so no problem..but just wierd

Edited by TNE26

Hi guys, im will to help. Just finished college, diploma in graphic design. I also have alot of time because im currently unemployed. Let me know if you need any more......