Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
roberts91

My Custom Map Isn't Working

I was following a tutorial and I completed my map succesfully and saved it succesfully... I exited out of the BF2 editor and loaded up vanilla bf2 like 100 times and I can't seem to find the custom map I made in the list. It's like I never made it, but it does exist in the levels folder in the bf2 directory. Just wondering if anyone knows what the problem might be. Thanks in advance!

do you have an info folder in your map? and do you have the 1.3 editor(latest)

if you dont have an info folder... make one and copy and paste a .desc file from the info folder of dalian(or any bf2 map)

then change the name of the .desc file to the name of your map.... dalian_plant to yourmapsname

then open the file and change the dalian to the name of your map in the 2 places... then save

Edited by Catbox

do you have an info folder in your map? and do you have the 1.3 editor(latest)

if you dont have an info folder... make one and copy and paste a .desc file from the info folder of dalian(or any bf2 map)

then change the name of the .desc file to the name of your map.... dalian_plant to yourmapsname

then open the file and change the dalian to the name of your map in the 2 places... then save

That worked. But it had the loading screen of dalian plant... Also it crashed to desktop when I started to load the map

EDIT: I loaded up BF2 again and I saw that it crashed at 14%... Loaded BF2 again... and it crashed at 14%... so whatever is at 14% I guess is the problem???

Edited by roberts91

Open your desc, edit LOADINGSCREEN_MAPDESCRIPTION_dalianplant to your full map description. and remember to delete the map sizes and game-modes your map doesnt support (fx. co-op & singleplayer)

Run it in windowed mode or the debugger...

http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showt...amp;hl=debugger

Lem'me know when its done ;)

Edited by TNE26

I'm making a BF2142 mod level, and I added info folder files and edited them as you instructed me to. The map now shows up in my map list in the BF2142 Create Local Game menu. I add it to the right-hand list and hit "start server".

The game tells me I have to select a map to start the game :huh: . I'm sure I've selected the map correctly, as the game loads any other map I choose, but this one map is simply ignored by the game.

I have a feeling I've set up the mod wrong <_< .

good :)