Official BF Editor Forums

Volcano Valley

[TLB]stickman

This is my first map to be submitted at Filefront and it features a large, extinct volcano at its center. The Warehouse flag features a maze of wooden crates inside for some awesome knife action. Here is the link: http://files.filefront.com/Volcano+Valley/...;/fileinfo.html

screen781wn4.th.png

screen782te8.th.png

screen757lh0.th.png

screen753lr4.th.png

Edited by [TLB]stickman

Looks awesome.. D/L-ing now..

Gonna try it out, and if you don't have a problem with it, i might include it in my mod..

The screens look great... nice job on the map... CB

Thanks CB. You were a big help while I was creating the map. Although this is my first map, it's also my 2nd , 3rd, 4th and 5th map. ;)

I'd get a lot of work done, then after learning more from the forums, I'd redo the map and make some much needed improvements. I actually started over from scratch ( only keeping the terrain ) a couple times. But I am pleased with the final version.

No problem at all. I was hoping the map would get some exposure. I hope you like it. The Single Player is designed for about 24 - 30 bots. It's a big map.

Then I'll do ;) You'll of course be credited..

I'd get a lot of work done, then after learning more from the forums, I'd redo the map and make some much needed improvements. I actually started over from scratch ( only keeping the terrain ) a couple times. But I am pleased with the final version.

I did the same thing.. actually quite a good idea..

• 2 weeks later...
I really like the map but have you ever thought about making changes to the fog of war? It looks a little bit like a smoke grenade and I'm a huge fan of wide area maps with a long line of sight. I use to play every sp map with a modified skybox and look how beautiful the view from the volcano is without the fog :wub:

8262_9.jpg

8262_11.jpg

Thanks for checking out the map -=Punkbuster=-

It is a beautiful view without the fog, but I didn't want the attack helos to have unfair advantage over the slow moving armor going up the long slopes. I tried the map with various "view distances" before setting the final number. This was my first map, and although I am pleased with the final version, there are a few things that I would redo. Unfortunately, the map has been submitted to Filefront and I am unable to alter it any further unless I rename it.