Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
a-10freAK

Free 3dsmax

hi, i want 3dsmax to make animation. if i look on the internet autodesk 3dsmax official site it is 3400 dollar!!!!! holy CRAP. :o:o:o:blink:

I can try the trail for 30 days............30DAYS!!!!!!

ok i found a site calls http://www.brothersoft.com/3ds-max-download-66107.html

Its free!! thats weird on the other websit its 3400 dollar!?!?!?!?!?!

Is it a Virus or something or fake??? :unsure: (http://www.brothersoft.com/3ds-max-download-66107.html)

O YEAH the other website calls(http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=10369488&siteID=123112)

Oke please help me

Its free!! thats weird on the other websit its 3400 dollar!?!?!?!?!?!

if you clicked the link you would have seen it then asks you to sign up for the trial version. so yeah, it's free but suddenly it isn't all that strange.

but one click and you could have discovered that for yourself...

Please do not ask or hint toward a free copy of autodesk. You will get yourself ST Banned.

Yea dont hint at that, but he wasn't... If you want a free version of 3dsmax go d/l G-Max from turbosquid.com, it has plug-ins for bf2 and has the same features as earlier versions of 3dsmax.

There are other ways to get it dirt cheap... I'm talking like $200-$300... for 1 year. If you a student of a college see if you can get a copy. I remember a few years back my college RRCC had AutoCAD and 3ds Max offered to the students. I think it was like $150 for 13 months. I need to check to see if they offer Max 2009. The new material maps look really nice and Spline UVW mapping! Oh man, texturing things like roads and arches will be friggen easy now!

But seriously, if you're a student check to see what student discounts they offer, if any.

There are other ways to get it dirt cheap... I'm talking like $200-$300... for 1 year. If you a student of a college see if you can get a copy. I remember a few years back my college RRCC had AutoCAD and 3ds Max offered to the students. I think it was like $150 for 13 months. I need to check to see if they offer Max 2009. The new material maps look really nice and Spline UVW mapping! Oh man, texturing things like roads and arches will be friggen easy now!

But seriously, if you're a student check to see what student discounts they offer, if any.

200$ or 130€ for using the software only about 24 month is just not acceptable for me. You are not allowed to use the software for commercial use so there is no way to earn any money with it.

Adobe is some ways better than Autodesk. I bought the student version of Photoshop CS2 for 130€ some time ago and when they released CS3 they send it to me too. This action was called "grace period" ;) Both Software packages came with the complete box and a small instruction sheet and a bunch of tutorial videos on the DVD!

You could still try to find an older version for much less money. E.g. Max 7 does all jobs for BF2 fine and is outdated in the eyes of Autodesk . If you find a company in the process of upgrading or some left overs in a software shop you might get it really cheap. Thats how i obtained my hopelessly outdated version of Max 7.

You could still try to find an older version for much less money. E.g. Max 7 does all jobs for BF2 fine and is outdated in the eyes of Autodesk . If you find a company in the process of upgrading or some left overs in a software shop you might get it really cheap. Thats how i obtained my hopelessly outdated version of Max 7.

But where can you buy Max 7? Through out my High School years and in College we're all ways upgrading to the newest. I've used several Autodesk products, CAD, Viz, Maya, Max, Inventor, Architectural Desktop (Now simply Architecture) and Solid Works (Not autodesk)... I have no idea why they teach us soooo many programs.. Stick with AutoCad 2006, Max 7/8 IMO....

Any way, when we upgrade we also get offers for student copies for the newest thing... but I can never find any thing older.

I'd love not to use a student version of Max but I can't find an older version of it. I'm sure Max 7 is no longer $3,500 I mean it's 3 years old now.. And if it is.. I need to save even more.

But yeah, where did you buy your copy?

My job is sysadmin and i bought it from an advertising company going bancrupt through an auction. It was about 120 Euros and included the unlimited license :P and they had more packages of it.

There might be similar opportunities in your region. Check out the column in your newspaper about companies being bancrupt and look for the auctions.

In the meantime i recommend installing gmax. Its basically a spin-off from Max 5 and does a good job . It has been limited in its export and import capabilities , though but features the same GUI as Max and is a good introduction to the whole Max software family. If you can handle gmax you can handle its 'big brothers' .

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

My job is sysadmin and i bought it from an advertising company going bancrupt through an auction. It was about 120 Euros and included the unlimited license :P and they had more packages of it.

There might be similar opportunities in your region. Check out the column in your newspaper about companies being bancrupt and look for the auctions.

In the meantime i recommend installing gmax. Its basically a spin-off from Max 5 and does a good job . It has been limited in its export and import capabilities , though but features the same GUI as Max and is a good introduction to the whole Max software family. If you can handle gmax you can handle its 'big brothers' .

wishe words from our god :P

EDIT: I don't know if those are trial versions or not... we can't have links to possibly shady downloads... sorry... thanks CB