Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FVxSF

Combat Area

When I first started working on my mods it's seemed Murphy was in control. Textures were jacked up, roads never worked, CP.. well they were the only easy thing. So i took a break for a few weeks and after a fresh install of Vista, BF2/142 and a few other needed programs for college, I decided to give modding a shot again. Now the textures seem to work nicely, I can see details and not just a black splotch. I managed to figure out Road SPLines (for the most part) but one thing I still cannot get right is working with the combat zone and I can't find information on this site about it or at least how to get it working.

I've created a layer for 16 Players Conquest then with the layer selected I go and click Combat Zone. I don't see any options or info on the editor in the roll outs or by right clicking.

Could some one help me out?

I don't see any options or info on the editor in the roll outs or by right clicking.

well, what *should* happen is - obviously while in Combat Area mode - right click on your map where you would like to place a CA point, and a menu should popup with something like 'Create New Control Point' or similar (not to be confused with flag control points)

once you've placed the first point, hold down Alt and proceed around the map IN A COUNTER-CLOCKWISE DIRECTION and lay down the rest of the points until you reach the starting point, which you click on - the editor should respond 'Close Combat Area?' or similar. then save the bloody thing before it crashes, heh

Yeah, got it. I'm just working on a simple quick mod, just to get a feel for things. So far so good but is there no way to change any CA Points or even Delete the Combat Area? I've got a lot of objects in my list so I may be over looking it.

Does it matter that it need to be a Counter Clockwise direction?

Edited by FVxSF

Maybe the counterclock wise thing was only affected by the older editor...??? As i always do it clockwise...? but you can end up with the cz inverted so in-bounds is out of bounds- vice versa... but if this does ever happen i belive there is a setting to invert the cz somewhere too. But this is why you are told to do it in one direction.

Hmm yeah I can see that being bad thing. It's like being spawn camped with out the campers..

Any way, Modding, so far, seems to be very easy. Basic modding any way. I haven't dug into the Tweaks yet. And if any one is interested, I'm working on mod pack called Hav!K. I could use some help to speed things up.

I go clockwise too... :unsure:

If you go in your /GameModes/gpm_cq/#/gameplayobjects.con file and scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see where the combat area you drew is saved as a list of coordinates. You can add, delete or change points there manually if you like. [You can also delete the area in the Editor (del key when selected) and start over again]. I often resort to copying those values over into Excel on an XY scatter plot to see the shape against a graph thats got +/-512 (or whatever size) as its axis limits.

I tried the delete key but it just sits there stubbornly. I figure I'll just create the CA Points last on the layers. That way there if I do fuk up the zone I just have to reload it.

I tried the delete key but it just sits there stubbornly.

de-select it so it turns red. then re-select it by dragging a box around one of its points; it will turn blue. then hit delete.