Official BF Editor Forums
FVxSF

Team Vehicle Damage On Titan

Title should explain it, and it is so damn annoying when half their team does it. I'm not sure how to do this or if it can be done. But I'd like to make it then the enemy drops an RDX Pack (C4 for you BF2 peps) and then blow it up, I'd like that person to get team vehicle damage.

Any ideas?

Title should explain it, and it is so damn annoying when half their team does it. I'm not sure how to do this or if it can be done. But I'd like to make it then the enemy drops an RDX Pack (C4 for you BF2 peps) and then blow it up, I'd like that person to get team vehicle damage.

Any ideas?

Wait what? You lost me. I can help but you'll need to reword what you said. I turned off RDX spamming completely on my server.

Like removing RDX or just saying RDX Spamming is not allowed... remember "Rules are meant to broken". Murder is illegal but that doesn't stop people. RDX is great to bobbie-trap. But what pisses me off is on the titan, you have the enemy placing RDX right above the corridor entrances, then when 2 or 3 people come in BOOM then they resupply and do it again. It's stat padding if you ask me, but I figure if they loose points for attacking their titan they'd stop. If you think about the physics and dynamics in real life... they'd be blowing holes in their titan right?

So is there something in the tweaks or texture information files that could be changed.

Basically this:

I set a pack of RDX on my titan I blow it up, I get -2 points for team vehicle damage.

On my ranked server we ended up putting jet packs for both teams (modified the parachutes) and people loved it. Only problem was, people would RDX spam from above. So to counter act this, I just removed all damage from infantry with RDX which solved the problem. I can code it for you, but you must send me your version of common_server.zip in the mods/2142 folder so I can modify it (NOT the common_Server.zip located in mods/2142/objects). Mine is completely modified so I can't give you mine.

I'd rather not disable the damage if I can help it.

... but can you make a mod that sucks players near a nade. Like a revers explosion. Gravity Bomb if you will... that would be bad ass.

A gravity grenade eh? That's an awesome idea. I haven't a clue how to code that or where to begin.

I was looking in the tweak file for the nade. Namely ObjectTemplate.detonation.explosionForce. I gave it a negitive value but nothing.

a negative number would not attract them in, it would pull them to the ground, straight down. All the force does it make stuff move straight up.

Instead, try this:

ObjectTemplate.hitImpactModifier -3000

Add that to a gun and tell me what happens.

Edited by A-Train

Well... they move way too fast after you kill them. Probably need to change it down by a factor of 10 to 30

ObjectTemplate.hitImpactModifier -300 <---- Still might be too fast

ObjectTemplate.hitImpactModifier -100 <---- Unsure too

-100 would be perfect.