Official BF Editor Forums
FVxSF

Adding Ai To Non Ai Maps

OK, from reading posts, I know I must have the combat area setup and need Strategic Areas/Points. Well if the map were a custom map no problem. But the maps I'd like to add AI to are do not have AI. If you've seen one of my other posts about modding the vanilla maps, then you may have seen my Tunis Assault mod. Well it seems to be a big hit with my buddies and now they'd like me to take it a step further and would like some kind of AI. The only problem is, this is a whole new level in modding to me. So This is what I'd like to know.

First How do I take the GamePlayObjects files from the Game Modes folder and rebuild the layers. (Yes I know this is more of a Level Editor question but I'm trying to add AI). Then after I do that, I need help setting up the Strategic Areas/Points and finally using NavMesh.

I know this is a big ass "How Do I?" But I'm not finding a lot of information about it. Some like are old and some topics are confusing and I cannot find what they talking about.

I'm assuming it would be much much easier in a custom map.

Is this a vanilla/xpack/booster map?

If yes, the BFSP guys has created navmeshes for all of those maps in all three sizes (16,32,64)

Theres is links to them in these forums: http://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetbattl...orums/index.php?

Is this a vanilla/xpack/booster map?

If yes, the BFSP guys has created navmeshes for all of those maps in all three sizes (16,32,64)

Theres is links to them in these forums: http://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetbattl...orums/index.php?

I remember playing that mod a while back. Good mod too. But before I go off and Fu*k up my maps, what exactly must I do? Can I just copy the AI folders or is there info in the con files I need too?

You'll need:

* Added 'modes' entries to the /info/<MAP>.desc file to announce SP/COOP to the maplist.

* the /AIPathfinding folder in the map.

* added folders with gameplayobjects.con and the /AI folder to your /gamemodes in /sp1 , /sp2 and /sp3 plus /gpm_coop

Np.. is this a bf2 mod? (if yes i'd like to try it :))