Official BF Editor Forums
FVxSF

Secondary Water Plane?

All right, so I'm working on another mod. And as I'm working on item placement, road concepts and what have you, I started thinking about water and that there's only 1 main water plane in the game. And that's the problem I'm having. What if I wanted to add a lake or a pond above the primary water plane, how would I do that? I remember seeing an extra water plane in the editor but it's too small, something like the size of a Tank or an APC. Am I going to need to create a new water plane or something?

Thanks

Afaik its done in max.. And theres more than one.. The ones on the size of a tank/apc is for the pools.. the other is 128 size (pretty big..). and i think you can place them next to each other.

Theres a thread regarding a waterplane for the roundabout/waterfountain: http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11923

And a tutorial on making custom water objects: http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6595

You could also use the waterplanes used in FuShe and so on.. theyre in the water folder in the editor..

Edited by TNE26

the other is 128 size ....

You could also use the waterplanes used in FuShe and so on.. theyre in the water folder in the editor..

I don't remember seeing the 128 size any where.. I'll keep looking for it.

Funny you mention that because... well I'm working on a Titan Version of FuShe Valley. I just don't want to use BF2 content, (other then the terrain file) because I plan on releasing this to some of my buddies who don't own BF2.

I read the tutorial on the water plane. I'll need to find my old copy of Max 7 Trial CD some where since there seems to be issues Max 2009 and the BF2 scripts.

I wonder if Dice would have a problem with me releasing the Titan Version of FuShe Valley... I mean the Sir Community ported Wake Island to 2142 and as we know, they included it in the patch.

Oh and, I'm having quite a few app crashes with the editor opening FuShe Valley, could some one open it up and tell me the terrain height? I'm ballparking a guess of 381 right now and it looks good but IDK.

Thanks TNE, I'll see if I can't get that to work.

Funny you should mention that... because they didn't port it over. They started from scratch which you can tell because it's a horrible conversion. I personally hate it. So yes, they will have a problem with it.

Yeah, but Im pretty shure Sir.Community asked first!..

I am pretty shure theyll have a problem. If you want to use FuShe, youll have to do it from scratch (or ask and pray).. The waterplane is in the water folder next to the pools.. its called waterplane_128 as far as i remember..

Edited by TNE26

Yeah, but Im pretty shure Sir.Community asked first!..

I am pretty shure theyll have a problem. If you want to use FuShe, youll have to do it from scratch (or ask and pray).. The waterplane is in the water folder next to the pools.. its called waterplane_128 as far as i remember..

It must be a BF2 thing then because there doesn't seem to be anything like that for 2142

Are you using the editor in BF2 or 2142?

I dont have 2142, so i dont know if its in there.. I know its in BF2.. that explains a lot :)