Official BF Editor Forums

Loadscreen

TNE26

Hi guys..

I just finished this in my vacation after a lot of experimenting.. and.. well.. i like the result..

Dont mind the minimap behind.. its a very early WIP, its the red bars, mini-minimap, icons and so i need comments on :)

Its for my map Juttish Heath:

juttishheathgmpcq16loadjz0.jpg

Sorry for big size :)

Edited by TNE26

lol.. i have a 2048 version too? ;)

you like it?

whatt are we meant to be looking at? The image above? The red lines, the map thats portrayed by the minimap? I'm a little confused. :blink:

If it is the red lines then there was a psd file floating around before with all that done for you - presume it came from DICE but im not sure. By the way, that little miniminimap doesnt really show anything cos well, its just a small, less detailed version of the big one.

I'm a little confused. :blink:

Well we wouldnt want that :)

Its mainly the red lines.. and the fact that this (imo :)) looks almost identical to the loadscreens for the official maps

I've searched for ages to find anything like that, and its only a handful of people who has generated loadscreens so DICY (lame joke ;)) as this..

Where is that psd? Ive searched these forums for ages to find something like that.. and havent found it?

Edited by TNE26

Thanks! :D

Should i write a tut for ya (and other interested)? ^_^

Edited by TNE26

Its great that your trying to help out with tut and info, but there are gazzilions of threads about this... This one i found had the most usefull info in, as well as the .psd ... http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showt...&hl=loadmap Type "loadmap" in search you will see what i mean.

Edited by Bensta

Lol.. i cant belive i missed that.. a couple of months ago i spent 4 hours looking for something like that (yeah, i know i spend too much time here :D).. gonna give it a go..

Sorry to post this then....

//Edit

I just opened it.. its some pretty nice files, but I like the strokes better on mine.. their too thin imo.. so ill keep doing my own.. if anyone wants the files.. just name it :)

Edited by TNE26

• 2 weeks later...

hehe.. thanks.. I know.. I just havent re-gen'ed the minimap for ages, and at the time i did it, I had no idea what was going on :P

I'm going to next time :)

You can affect how the minimap is rendered by changing the 'makeMiniMap.con' script in the <BF2.EXE> directory. Of special interest here is the line 'renderer.drawBundledMeshes 1' to enable the display of Vehicles. Set this to 0 to disable vehicle display. You can also add the 'renderer.minCullDistance NNNN' statement to that file to run it automatically.

Oh.. Thanks :) Didnt know that.. always just used the "How to generate the "perfect" minimap" tutorial ;)