Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
[EA]LBrown

New Tutorial - Importing and Editing the Car

This tutorial covers the steps necessary to "Import" the car from tutorial 6 into the editor and make the necessary edits to get it working in the game.

This tutorial will work whether you have made the car in Max or Maya.

This tutorial covers a lot of basic information and techniques for getting vehicles into the game and I hope it will answer a lot of questions.

Important note: If you are using Max, be sure to re-create the car with the updated version of Tutorial 6 or it will not work correctly!

If you don't want to redo the entire tutorial, you can just open up the updated "My_Car.max" scene file included in the download and follow the export instructions at the end of that tutorial. Follow the link in the updated tutorial 6 announcement also in this section of the forum to get the files.

You can get the vehicle editing tutorial here:

http://bfeditor.gotfrag.com/BF2_Modding_Tu...ing_the_Car.zip

For me its works perfect. You need a version of MS Office or program that can deal with this files, for instance OpenOffice. The Windows wordpad should also work.

Also, there are a couple of small typos, such as the wrong number in a "proceed to step...", but I don't have time to post them here right now.

It should be pretty obvious, though. If someone wants to post them here for others, that would be fine.

Agree totally, the previous tutorials are a great help.

I have problems downloading this one tho! Ive downloaded 6 times now, and while i can extract the image files fine, it will not let me extract or copy the word.doc, same error everytime.

Any clues? Thanks in advance.

OK, I just downloaded it to test it, even though it was a very slow download, it works fine for me. You said you have the images, Ill PM you the text. :)

This scaling rule is true when you use the meter system in 3DS or gmax.

When using generic units , the scale is 10 generic (WU) units in 3DS/gmax is 1 meter in game.