Official BF Editor Forums

Single Player Editor - Not Found!

blackdeth

There is no Singleplayer editor in bf2 editor! I mean the scroll menu where you choose Level editor, Terrain editor and so on. I downloaded it today? It says beta, but it's from official EA website. Please help! I tryed selecting it through Tools>Add-in Manager> there is no add singleplayer. Maybe it might have connection with editing 64 map. I was trying to make 64 player map work in SP. I was following this tutorial http://members.iinet.net.au/~kyron/index.htm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and remember also that once you install the new editor, you will have to load the SP editor before it will work; it is turned off by default.

go to Tools > Add-In Manager > Singleplayer Editor and click Loaded to load it right now, and/or AutoLoad to have it available every time you start the editor

if you do autoload the SP editor, remember to turn it off and restart before you gen any envmaps (or you'll get white numbers reflected in the water and glass in your map)

Thank you very much! It works now!

However, the Navmesh zone for bots and vehicles is not shown =(

I ticked Render>AI>Toggle Draw AI, Toggle Draw Infantry Navmesh and Toggle Draw Vehicle Navmesh. But I don't see anything highlighted. Or I'd forgotten to switch something?

The level itself(File>Load>level) doesn't load, when SP editor is loaded. It gives this error:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Debug assertion failed!

Module: BFKnowledge

File: D:\bf2editor\Code\BF2\AI\AIInterface\BFKnowledge\BFGame.cpp

Line: 178

Expression: cpIter != controlPoints.end()

Text: Illegal control point: 601

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wonder why it's on my DVD-drive(D:), I have no cd's in

Edited by blackdeth

Don't get confused by the displayed paths , they're only from the developer drives at DICE and have nothing to do with your drive D:

I think you first need to create Strategic Areas. When Switching on AI rendering you should see blue squares at the control points if you followed a tutorial. If you don't see them you didn't create them. Do that first and then declare the neighbouring conditions between the different SA's ( StrategicAreas ) . After the navmesh process you should see a green surface when rendering infantry or vehicle navmesh.

But thats in the future, first follow the tutorials to prepare everything.

Now I got it, but when I add concrete helicopter pad(Gulf of Omah, 16), it's shown in editor, but it's invisible in the Game? Should I modify terrain? Or it doen't matter?

EDIT:

Fixed it now. The problem was with video settings, if you set terrain level to LOW, you can't see it.

Edited by blackdeth

:unsure:

You figured out SP, but dont know how to drag and drop a static on a map from the resource window? LOL ... thats a first!

:unsure:

You figured out SP, but dont know how to drag and drop a static on a map from the resource window? LOL ... thats a first!

Mate, seriously? As I right-click the place I want it to be, there is now ADD STATIC OBJECT option. Also, dragging and dropping doesn't work. When I double click the crane from resourse window it just shows me where it already is.

EDIT:

It's so funny, always when I write a question and press POST. The problem solves...I was browsing in wrong directory. The drag-drop works, thank you people. :rolleyes:

Edited by blackdeth

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody explaing me how to add uscarrirer_WaspBack (the big AA gun with MG and rocket launcher on the back of a carrier)? I add it in the editor, drag and place it on the ground, press save. But when I go into the SP game there's no AA gun there, and when I load the map into the editor again, it's not there. Am I missing something?

EDIT: It can be added through object-spawner. Sorry for bothering you guys... Good idea always comes later...

Edited by blackdeth

New problem. I went all the way to the navmesh creating. However the map i'm using, doesn't have overgrowth folder with all collision and so on. Level was designed for online-play. But there are no trees-bushes there, only static objects like towers, pipes, trampolines etc. And when I press GeneratePathFinding in SP editor, it writes:

[Console] : Couldn't open console script "Levels/CarWar/overgrowth/OvergrowthCollision.con"

[Main] : Couldn't load OvergrowthCollision.con

ABORTING EXPORT!

I think OvergrowthCollision.con is individual to every level, so copy/paste from Gulf won't work.

Maybe I can create blank files with exact names? Any ideas?

Make sure Blender has OBJ export, too :P

I'm sure every OBJ capable program can handle the navmeshes. All you need to maintain is the materials and make sure the export format is close to the original format. Don't export texture coordinates ( navmeshes don't have textures ) and keep the accuracy at 6 digits.

Make sure Blender has OBJ export, too :P

I'm sure every OBJ capable program can handle the navmeshes. All you need to maintain is the materials and make sure the export format is close to the original format. Don't export texture coordinates ( navmeshes don't have textures ) and keep the accuracy at 6 digits.

At 6 diggits? Please explain. Also i got like 8200 vertices Navmesh. Is it much? In some places there are too many vertices. Also the edges aren't very smooth. Can I simplify and modify it? Erase some, move original ones?

My navmesh:

navmeshnn1.png

As you can see there are big triangle missing on the edges and edges aren't smooth.

Edited by blackdeth

Can I simplify and modify it?

the main criteria for a navmesh is that it contours to the terrain and statics in such a way that at any given point on the navmeshed area, the soldier/vehicle is quite close to the navmesh itself.

so if you simplify the mesh in such a way that e.g. the soldier bot walks to the base of a hill but the navmesh is now 3m above him because you'd raised the polys at the hill's base, he will die on the spot. (i mention hills because they are a major navmesh problem area)

usually it's the reverse case happening - generated navmeshes are often over-optimised, and we navmeshers find ourselves ADDING polys in order to get the contouring more accurate, and to stop the bots dying mysteriously

my Kubra Dam navmesh, which is fairly typical, has about 75,000 verts on the Infantry mesh alone, so you don't need to worry - 8,000 verts is chicken feed. i would be reluctant to remove more polys from your navmesh unless you're 100% certain you aren't going to break it in the process.

don't worry about the crinkly edges, that's normal, but if one of those triangular holes cuts into an area THAT YOU KNOW FOR A FACT should be meshed, then by all means repair it.

make sure you don't repair such a fault on the vehicle mesh and then forget to do the same to the infantry mesh - the infantry mesh can cover areas that the vehicle mesh does not, but a vehicle mesh must never go anywhere that the infantry mesh does not - otherwise you'll get bot vehicles just rocking back and forth over the edge of that section.

Edited by clivewil

6 digits:

When opening one of the navmesh.exe-made OBJ's with a texteditor you notice that coordinates in it are of the form N.XXXXXX where X represent the decimal fraction. The standard accuracy for navmesh.exe OBJ's is 6 decimal fraction digits . (Although its not THAT important to keep but eases work with navmesh.exe )

More important is the materials. Idk how Blender does work with them but you need them. The materials library for the navmeshes is called 'materials.mtl' and should be imported into Blender and applied to the navmesh.

Hmm, not really related to SP editor :P

Go to the light settings of your map and change the fog setting for start and end. they are in meters , so a setting of 250/400 would give you a viewdistance of 250 meters without fog and after that distance fog starts.

After doing that, go to the viewdistance settings in the map and set it to a value slightly larger than the visible area. this will stop rendering objects further away and increases FPS.

Thank you. Weird, I did all the editing to Infantry.obj and Vehicle.obj. Replaced original in Navmesh/work/CarWar/output. Ran Fixnavmesh.bat. It did all the stuff. And now, when I launch editor, open CarWar level. Then select SinglePlayer editor. Checked Render> Draw AI and Draw Infantry Navmesh. Nothing appeared!!! No navmesh! Also when I go inside the game, launch SP or COOP modes, it crushes, when I press join. AiPathFinding folders are on their places. However i didn't zipped all the stuff in map-folder, but it works fine unzipped, if original .zips are moved away.

EDIT: It looks as if, there was a bug in mod itself, no maps launched in SP or CO-OP. So I deleted it and start all over again =(

By the way, on my map(the conquest variant, as I got it) There was already an Editor folder but there is no such folder in Original Dice maps. Should it be there? Or I need to place these files(from Editor folder) in the places they should be(like GamePlayObjects should be in Gamemodes etc.)?

The big problem is, that I can't see my Navmesh in the editor. When it loads, last lines in console are:

[Tweaker] Load Object (LightmapSettings)

[Console] : Couldn't open console script "levels/carwar/editor/splines.con"

[Console] : Couldn't open console script "levels/carwar/editor/roads.con"

[Main] : AIConsole::constructBehaviour, internal error #maybe these errors mean something?

[Main] : AIConsole::constructBehaviour, internal error

[Main] : Error: BAPSTRevive is an unknown ConditionSide.

[Console] : Couldn't open console script "levels/carwar/editor/objectlight.con"

Sorry if it's not the correct topic, but I think it's easier to follow 1 topic, then 5.

Edited by blackdeth

You're probably encountering the same problem as this guy :

http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12864

Create or copy a mod folder in your /bf2editor/mods/ folder and edit the LayerInit.con to your liking and the desired gamemodes.

If your ingame maplist doesn't show COOP modes , chances are that there's a single map with invalid gamemodes in your /levels folder. Browse their *.desc files for invalid modes and eliminate them. Now your map ( if it has a proper .desc file ) will show up even in COOP. Use the *.desc files from vanilla BF2 maps to find out about the correct syntax.

Navmesh doesn't show in SP Editor : First make sure SP editor is really loaded in BF2Editor else it won't display anything related to SP/COOP. If your StrategicAreas show up, SP editor is loaded.

Now look at the underside of your map ( yeah, from below the terrain ) If you now see the navmesh the normals are flipped and you need to fix that in your OBJ editor program and re-run 'FixNavmesh.bat' .

If you don't see any navmesh at all, the navmesh process didn't finish successfully. But in this case you would never had infantry.obj or vehicle.obj in the output folder.