Official BF Editor Forums

Update: Filefront Is Staying Open...

Catbox

I am going to go through all our tutorial links and see if anything needs to be updated on this site... I have most of the bf tools so i will upload them to a new host soon and update the links... The Doomlab tools are still up also...

So far Filefront operations haven't stopped but e.g. we at XWW2 took the consequences and will move to another host with better conditions. Filefront really made our flesh creep and i think it is just bad manners to announce such a big shutdown only a week or so in advance.

I also plan to setup a mirror site with the most popular tools , starting with the editor and ranging from Ecomap to the BGF Heightmap tool if required. Let me know what you want to see there.

So far Filefront operations haven't stopped

login, personal pages and downloads seemed to work ok last time i was there but when i went to upload my april fool's prank, i got their standard 'temporarily closed for maintenance' message

Edited by clivewil

What i understood from the guys at bf2files.com and bf1942files.com is that they plan a seperation from FileFront and setup their own servers and domains now. That would keep the hosted files and mods on their sites from being shutdown by FF. I have no idea if they succeed , though and no idea if other domains will be kept.

I hope they dont screw any more mods over with doing exclusivity releases again like they did for INS and PR etc, giving us loads of fake promises of extra promotion, then all we get in return is very limited download links which force people to subscribe if they want anything... It really set our v0.8 release back loads and when we talked to the MODDB guys in a interview about it they said they have done the same thing to many mods in the past just to try and get more people to subscribe to them... :(

^ You sure you're not talking about FilePlanet Rhino?? Because you don't have to subscribe at all for anything on FileFront,everything is completely free,and you don't have to have an account or anything to download from there..I think you may be talking about FilePlanet.

:)