Official BF Editor Forums

Bf2 1.5 Beta Patch Out!

Bensta

Taken from Total bf2...

Well, after what seemed like years of waiting, we are finally receiving the first taste of the 1.50 patch for Battlefield 2. If you haven't been paying attention lately, the patch includes a brand new map dubbed Operation Blue Pearl as well as Highway Tampa, a once-optional map for 1.41. In addition, there are the usual bug fixes

Change Log:

- Additional support for Windows Vista.

- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.

- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.

- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.

- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".

- Various changes made to prevent cheating.

- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.

Remember that this patch is incremental - you need to have Battlefield 2 v1.41 installed.

Download Here

Not tried it yet myself, so lets here what you guys think ;)

Edited by Bensta

cheers Bensta :)

i currently have an expanded navmesh for Op. Blue Pearl partway through generating (covering almost all of the map area)

if it turns out decent enough, i'll stick it up on filefront and players can have a 64-sized game with bots

The burning question that needs to be asked is...

Mod support; how much? I assume it's all there (these changes seem fairly minor) - But mods with modified F35 and J10s will feel strange probably.

I'm relieved to hear that they didn't try to match those two planes also, I'd become quite sick of people using a certain small thrust-vectored VTOL bomber and complaining that a fighter plane out-fought them.

It seems that mods are not greatly affected, except for the changes to the menu ( great scott, why the heck this falcon controller ? ) and the widescreen support. But first they really have to solve the ( newly introduced :P ) server connection issues and ingame browser bugs. There also seems to be issues with exploding rib boats when beaching them.

This patch is definitely not well tested yet and i wonder :

1. What did DICE do over the last two years ? Holidays ? Barbecues ? planetwide supper breaks ?

2. What did those norwegians from tv2 test ? How to get stoned and then test a game ?

Its good that its only a beta and that mods will only suffer from the menu bugs so far. I can't recommend installing the patch on your main machine - only use a disposable BF2 installation for that. It also seems that the patch in no way blocks cheaters from doing so - first aimbots are already available. Read more in the beta feedback thread.

We can't expect much from 2 people working on that :P

But it's very funny to chat with Bazajaytee.

I asked him about an update for BF2 Editor:

Cassio come on... I just spend the last year of my life pushing for BF2 1.50 here

Let me have one day of rest :D

They want to patch 2142 to 1.51 next.

Anyways it's good to see something happening.

This patch is definitely not well tested yet and i wonder :

1. What did DICE do over the last two years ? Holidays ? Barbecues ? planetwide supper breaks ?

2. What did those norwegians from tv2 test ? How to get stoned and then test a game ?

Yes what did dice the last 2 years?

Well im testing the new patch now, and i hope dice didnt limit bf2 mod-ability.

First im testing if edited flash menus are working, then if the python things are working (e.g. chaning properties of a single object on a map is still working - the ting with the active id).

Cheers Krauzi

I think they were busy ripping BFP2 off for ideas to put in Battlefield Heroes... :P

I think they were busy doing a Call of Duty (shooting out a million games as fast as they can).

EDIT: Okay, scoured through the files. There's a whole lot more of the engine open to us, specifically the physics part. Also, looks like they worked on Supply Line game mode a bit more. The F-35 and J-10 however, are byte-for-byte exactly the same as in the 1.41 patch; the modified date is the only difference. Looks to me like they wanted everyone to shut up by giving them a placebo. - Still, this gives F-35ers at least the psychological advantage of THINKING they have more of a chance against the J-10.

Edited by UberWazuSoldier

Well im testing the new patch now, and i hope dice didnt limit bf2 mod-ability.

First im testing if edited flash menus are working, then if the python things are working (e.g. chaning properties of a single object on a map is still working - the ting with the active id).

Cheers Krauzi

Ok i tested all things, and it seems that DICE didnt limit bf2's modability.

BUT: The flash menu has some ristrictions. I had really many problems with decompiling and open it (btw: only flash mx 2004 is working!) but finally i got it working!

The decompiled files with needed fonts can be downloaded here:

Link Updated on 25.April09 - 18:45:

Download BF2 1.5 FlashMenu.zip

Copy the fonts to c:\windows\fonts\

EDIT: FILES UPDATED: I edited the actionscript files (the buttons label are now correct and dynamic [different label for each language (from the Localization files)])!

Edited by Krauzi

And the process of reverting to 1.41 via backups and registry edits seems to leave your BF2 in-limbo between 1.41 and 1.50 - 1.41 servers say you have a BF2 version that is too new, and 1.50 servers say it's too old. It supposedly edits the BF2 version key, except it does not seem to do so. It does, however, add a registry key: "Battlefield Patch" or something. I had to reinstall despite the backup.