Official BF Editor Forums

Having Fun With Huds

DEVILMAN

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely nice work, really makes them stand out and brings something fresh to all vehicles B)

One thing though, when you release them, could you please credit me (big and small needles, hydra and agm icons)?

ah64hudwip.jpg

Edited by wolfi

Absolutely nice work, really makes them stand out and brings something fresh to all vehicles B)

One thing though, when you release them, could you please credit me (big and small needles, hydra and agm icons)?

ah64hudwip.jpg

I never had any intention of releasing them to the public,as most/all of the "icons/images" are not my work

I am quite aware that the guages were made by you,for the USI mod,and must credit you on your great work

rem -------------------- wolfis new hud compass/torque ------

One small problem,which i dont understand,because i have no working knowledge of photoshop or whatever program is used to make the icons

When the hydra and hellfire pic are placed in the center,they show properly,but when placed towards the left or right of the screen,they "squeeze" up,as seen below

Is there an easy way to fix that,or does the image have to be remade

hellfire.png

Also,do you or anyone else,know of any tutorials or help regarding making huds (acceptable codes,colours etc)

And yes MS,I have used the search feature here

Again,credit to you for your great work,and they wont be released to the public

Could you show the code of the squeezed image? Maybe we can find and fix the problem because, you know, four or more eyeballs see far more than two :lol:

they wont be released to the public

Aww thats too bad, as I really like then and I think I'm not the only one who thinks so :(

It seems that the hellfire & hydra icons and a few of the premade text writing have their outerbox,much larger than the icon,and when placed close to the edge of the screen,they "squeeze" up

I had alot of problems moving items in your hud,as they would either squeeze up,or show a white box when moved

But this one turned out OK

HUDS10.png

Edited by DEVILMAN

Hmm I'd like to investigate on that. Could you show me the code that you used when relocating my icons?

Edit: Looks like you were right about the image size. I had to make them 256 by 32 pixels because the missiles were bigger than 128. Whoa. It's been almost 2.5 years since I did them, totally forgot about all the whys and hows :lol:

hudicons-missiles.png

Edited by wolfi

Hmm I'd like to investigate on that. Could you show me the code that you used when relocating my icons?

All i did was to move the image to the bottom right and bottom left corners

The closer it is to the left or right edge of the screen,the smaller it gets,when i move it towards the centre,it gets bigger

In other words,the image is taking up the size of the box it is in (which is larger than the icon),as you can see in my last pic,i dont have that problem with another image

Edited by DEVILMAN

The closer it is to the left or right edge of the screen,the smaller it gets,when i move it towards the centre,it gets bigger

Talk about odd BF2 behaviour :lol:

In an earlier post, you asked about Tutorials or something about HUD modding, I don't know any, so I guess we will have to find out everything by ourselves :( I'd like to know if its possible to add an alphamask to a HUD image, just like its done with the minimap. This plus the animated HUD images used in BF Heroes, that would totally make it possible to create some more awesomeness.

And yes MS,I have used the search feature here

Hmm ? I didn't say a word , did i ? :P

No, its only when someone very obviously overlooks the search button that the forum police will draw its handcuffs :lol:

Does anybody have a list of the allowed hudBuilder.setNodeShowVariable codes ?,or know where i can find that list

Or atleast for now,the variable code that allows you to reverse an onscreen icon

@MS,I'm guessing,humour isnt your strong point :lol:

@MS,I'm guessing,humour isnt your strong point :lol:

that depends on its quality :P Couldn't really find the humorous parts in that one .

Here's nice one from our forum:

A pirate walks into a bar.

The bartender says: "You have a steering wheel sticking out of your zipper ! "

The pirate says:" arrrrr; its drivin’ me nuts! "

(posted by MorparMan)

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.. cool!!

btw.. whats that blurry thing in the top right corner in the first pic? is it a "censured" helo?

that's pretty cool

Thanks champ

,you wouldnt happen to know how,if i have 4 blank and 4 solid weapon icons,i can get them to go from solid to blank,once they have been fired (one at a time)

I can tie mag/clip size into text,but how would you convert that into icons,representing mag size left

The reloading part is easy,but this is a bit tricky (for me)

clives new what?!! [drooling in extase]

anyway.. love all the huds.. also the ones on prev. page..