Having Fun With Huds

DEVILMAN

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin' good!

agreed!

Is it just me or does it look way better without blending it in? Would be interesting to see the blend mode removed from all vBF2 things..

While we are talking about HUDs, any idea why I get a white space instead of the file?

screen159.jpg .. the other one with the same code is fine.. screen161.jpg

(The file is in correct format and in the correct location but not being displayed ingame) :(

Is it just me or does it look way better without blending it in? Would be interesting to see the blend mode removed from all vBF2 things..

(The file is in correct format and in the correct location but not being displayed ingame) :(

Yes most huds look better with that code removed from the top of the page,which gives me the impression,the hud files are read from the top down

I was getting white boxes when 1 image would overlap another,rem out any images close to the problem icon and see what happens

I was getting white boxes when 1 image would overlap another,rem out any images close to the problem icon and see what happens

Hmm that makes sense, but how come that didn't happen with the hydra/hellfire switch? I have created a separate guiindex which is replaces the first guiindex when you change the weapon/right-click so that should work, right? Don't know if I should make a separate thread.. Depends on if I can fix it soon, lol, but thanks for your help so far :)

Hmm that makes sense, but how come that didn't happen with the hydra/hellfire switch? I have created a separate guiindex which is replaces the first guiindex when you change the weapon/right-click so that should work, right? Don't know if I should make a separate thread.. Depends on if I can fix it soon, lol, but thanks for your help so far :)

Your cobra hud with guages,seems to be an exception to the rules that I know,(no offense)

Every other object i have worked with,seems trouble free

As you can see in the below pic,the compass is a green box,but once moved to an area where it doesnt "touch" another icon,appears properly

HUDS14.jpg

I think a basic rule is,objects need more room than the actual icon,size takes up,and objects cant overlap eachother

Also, if an object (like your hellfire/hydra icons) use a dimension (with a factor of 16/32 etc) you must allow enough room for the box it takes up

I once replaced a chinese,russian lockon writing,with english lockon writing,and it stretched the image,

Edited by DEVILMAN

Ha, somehow my thing magically works now. I had the same problem on two helicopters and it now works on both. I have to admit I'm "a little" confused now, lol :D

Ha, somehow my thing magically works now. I had the same problem on two helicopters and it now works on both. I have to admit I'm "a little" confused now, lol :D

If i may offer some advice,(from past experiences)

Before you get too much into modding huds

Rename and give each vehicle its own seperate con file,with GUI numbers

As some vehicles share same GUI,and some vehicles use GUI's from several vehicles

I was tinkering with with huds,hopped in a chopper,hydra hud was white,AA was green,AT was blue

Haha yeah when I first started modding huds back in the beginning of BF2, I always had issues with this.

When I joined USI in fall 2005, I started creating a new guiindex for almost everything and started updating the guiindex.txt so I always have an overview :)

Damn, I wish there was a way to put in animated images :( I wonder if anyone ever found out if its possible to use custom masks like the minimap does?

Ah now I got it :D Yeah sometimes we all need an inspiration to get things done.

Upcoming 1.5 patch gave me a bunch of motivation to continue working on our mod, and I'm not the only one :)

In my experience the white is always caused by not renaming the node of the image.

Edit: At the bottom, the green part, you say thats a compass? Compasses have to be very specifically coded otherwise they won´t work properly. Can you post the code?

Like the bold part. Has to be different even in a different vehicle iirc, in any case, I haven´t had a problem with it anymore after making sure its renamed all.

hudBuilder.createPictureNode		Ah1zTVHud [b]Ah1zTVCrosshair[/b] 274 183 256 256
hudBuilder.setPictureNodeTexture 	Ingame\Vehicles\Icons\Hud\Air\Attack\F15\TVGuided\tvGuided_Trackbox.tga
hudBuilder.setNodeColor		 	1 1 1 1

Very nice huds btw, being a realism nut my head explodes but some very cool stuff there.:)

Here is my OFP2 APC rendition.:)

sdXZYA7DyR4

screen030-1.jpg

screen026-1.jpg

Edited by Alex6714

Lovely! What does the POS thing show, i.e. if there IS "a position"?

And oh yeah, I remember renaming the nodes so this really might have fixed it for me..

Lovely! What does the POS thing show, i.e. if there IS "a position"?

And oh yeah, I remember renaming the nodes so this really might have fixed it for me..

The Position text is static at the moment. I don´t know what it is for so I haven´t done anything with it. Not sure what I could do with it but maybe I will look for something.

Here are a couple more basic ones.:)

screen359.jpg

screen361.jpg

screen360-1.jpg

screen034-2.jpg

screen291.jpg

screen294.jpg

Edited by Alex6714

Damn, those are looking serious! :D As for the position text, you might want to try TargetXCoordString and TargetYCoordString or something, might look cool but would only work on tracked targets.. Definitely worth to play with :)

I will have a go with those, thanks.:) I think AIX has something similar.

At the moment all our Tanks and APCs lock on the target ( with a very small lock angle to compensate for lack of stabilisation and tracking) though so Il see how it goes.

You know, I think somewhere we should compile a list of all the useful HUD variables and their uses because its hard to find them sometimes.

For example I want a texture to only appear after a certain time (30 seconds) for example but I have no idea how to do that, and I doubt it can be done.:(

Damn!! Looking very good!! Im in love with the green overlay one.. very basic.. but just gave me the feeling of nighttime war, and an airborne ambush on its way!

Could be very cool in a nightmap.. I think ill have to do one by same principle..

Edited by TNE26

For example I want a texture to only appear after a certain time (30 seconds) for example but I have no idea how to do that, and I doubt it can be done.:(

hudBuilder.setNodeInTime 0.1 the time it takes to come onscreen

hudBuilder.setNodeOutTime 8 the time it stays onscreen

Have not tried 30 seconds though