Official BF Editor Forums

Having Fun With Huds

DEVILMAN

hudBuilder.createPictureNode Aix_F117AJASSMHud Aix_F117AJASSMHitIndication 250 140 128 16

hudBuilder.setPictureNodeTexture Ingame\Vehicles\Icons\Hud\Land\M1A2\M1A2_HitIndicator.tga

hudBuilder.setNodeColor 1 0 0 1

hudBuilder.setNodeInTime 0.1

hudBuilder.setNodeOutTime 8

hudBuilder.setNodeShowVariable HitIndicatorIconShow

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I think somewhere we should compile a list of all the useful HUD variables and their uses because its hard to find them sometimes.

That would indeed be a very useful thing to do, can't remember how many times I have been looking for some of them.

So lets go ahead and create another thread soon, then put in everything that might come in handy :) Together with the blend nodes thread, it could be THE hud compendium!

That thread got me motivated again, so the circle closes :D

AH64 gunner

ah64hud.jpg

Mi24 gunner

mi24hud.jpg

M220 TOW

m220tow.jpg

F16 (ours has no bombs but we added an option to disable the lock sound

so you can sneak up behind.. hence its says armed and disarmed)

f16hud.jpg

More to come (A10, Su25, Mig21, ...)

Edited by wolfi

Haha, and I asked google for a translation of "ammunition" so I can get this in :D

I also put in a missile lock warning, see it in action: http://www.xfire.com/video/bc4c9/

This missile warning is also available in russian so I can put it into the soviet machines.

Just adds that little touch of customization for me :)

Hmm, I wonder what else is available that can be read with setBarNodeValueVariable :unsure:

Edited by wolfi

I love the simplicity of the Mi24 hud there:.)

Its like the way I went for pilots in light gunships/scouts. You lose speed etc data but meh, not needed all the time imo.

screen254-1.jpg

screen000-1.jpg

F16 is very nice! I wish there was a way to have the pitch ladder above the horizon also.:(

Btw, the node in out time didn´t work, I think it needs another variable like in the example you posted. I just want a delay though.:(

Liking the missile warning, much better than the vanilla imo.:)

You can see a little action here aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M85myxdh7nw

Edited by Alex6714

HUD lovers unite! *doing a magic team cheer thing*

Whoa that video has some sweeeet stuff in it (note the two extra e's!). What the heck are those things at 0:31, 0:34 and 2:10?

That A10 HUD looks just like my mockup in photoshop. Who did this? You? The guys at PR? Kinda pointless to create an own now, lol

You put the missile warning right where the gunners helmet is

Yeah, wasn't sure where else I should put it, because everything else is so full with stuff :lol:

Thought about a position about 100 pixels over the horizon but I'll have to experiment with that.

I love the simplicity of the Mi24 hud there:.)

Its like the way I went for pilots in light gunships/scouts. You lose speed etc data but meh, not needed all the time imo.

Yeah, all I need is "some" kind of orientation so I don't lose the horizon in stress situations.

F16 is very nice! I wish there was a way to have the pitch ladder above the horizon also.:(

Ditto. Been playing with it like 2 hours and then saw its not really possible so I scrapped the upper part of the ladder :(

Liking the missile warning, much better than the vanilla imo.:)

Ty. A guy on my editing forum, BF2-Mods.de, came along with this idea so I took it a step further.

HUD lovers unite! *doing a magic team cheer thing*

Whoa that video has some sweeeet stuff in it (note the two extra e's!). What the heck are those things at 0:31, 0:34 and 2:10?

That A10 HUD looks just like my mockup in photoshop. Who did this? You? The guys at PR? Kinda pointless to create an own now, lol

Those are air to air and air to ground "radar" huds. Used in place of the uav style radar because that shows everything. They can also be used to target. For example AIM120s have a 1500m range standard, using the radar I think we have it at 2000m or so.

Yeah, the A10 is mine, its far from finished but if you want I can send you the textures and the file and you can play around with it. :)

That radar thing sounds interesting! I get the point and such, but how does the code for this work?

Sending those A10 textures isn't really necessary, but would be a great help to get me started on the different guiindexes per firearm.

You got MSN, ICQ or Xfire or something? Feel free to contact me when you have time, the info is in my forum profile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Man thats one badass F15 HUD you created! Mind if I ask if the radar screen is actually working?

If it wasn't for BF2 stretching/moving the HUD elements around depending on screen resolution, I would have done similar things with the AH64 HUD while I was on it. Looks like you've done what I was thinking, but it's too late now anyways, haha :)

Man thats one badass F15 HUD you created! Mind if I ask if the radar screen is actually working?

If it wasn't for BF2 stretching/moving the HUD elements around depending on screen resolution, I would have done similar things with the AH64 HUD while I was on it. Looks like you've done what I was thinking, but it's too late now anyways, haha :)/>/>

Hello stranger,long time no talk :)/>

The radar screen isnt actually working,as a real radar should

It seems the working radar code isnt found in any con or tweaks

I think I could make a working radar for the cockpit,but it would have some minor imperfections