Official BF Editor Forums
clivewil

P-51d Mustang And Bf-109e Emil

well the little guy's only about 20% complete modeling-wise and obviously 0% textured but he's already coded and running. it's probably the nastiest piece of work i've made so far; i was standing on the ground and one came in straffing with its guns which missed, then lobbed a 500-pounder at me, which mostly missed, and then as he pulled up and around his rear gunner finished me off. i thought that was very unfriendly of him.

StukaFirst.jpg

Wonderful model again, clivewil

thanks MS :)

i was going to ask you how you XWW2 gents got around handling your Ju-87's siren but didn't think it would be prudent. i noticed on my Spitfire when climbing i could shut off the motor in mid air and the prop would stop but when it nosed down the prop would start to freewheel and the engine sound would raise in pitch. so i thought perhaps i might try a second non-functional engine on the Stuka (running the fairing sirens as rotors) and use the same freewheeling effect to drive my siren sound. if i put no sounds into idle and rpm1 and only put the sound event into rpm2, i might be able to tweak it so it *just* cuts in at the top speed during a dive, but not in level flight. the freewheel engine wouldn't need to be networked because it's only for cosmetic effect and contributes nothing to the plane's flight. that way i should get the siren's pitch to increase/decrease depending on speed. fingers crossed...

Edited by clivewil

I did some experimenting with the siren sound, although the sirens where removed on the Stukas in Africa so the problem for us was not eminent. One possible way is to use the 'highRPM' sound and mix it into the main engine sound with an adjusted volume ( and pitch ) envelope.

There also must be a reason for the 'maxAngleOfAttack' code line in the engine but i haven't put effort in finding out about this.

Ow, btw the rear gunner only has a tiny MG15 - i wonder how he managed to damage you so seriously :P . We have another MG15 on the rear of our JU52 and damaging a chasing airplane with it is hard work, hehehe . I put about 30-40 bullets into the chasing Tomahawk until it began to smoke - and my auntie Ju was badly hurt in the meantime.

btw the rear gunner only has a tiny MG15

what i meant by 'coded and running' was that everything is working and being used by the ai; the rear gun is just a single barreled version of the Spitfire's 20mm cannon and will be reduced BUT i do want these things to be able to defend themself to some degree, otherwise they will never make it to the target alive. no doubt there will be a lot of adjusting and balancing as the model develops, which will take some time (the geometry for the rear MG currently looks more like a baseball bat than a gun; i haven't had time to work on that yet)

One possible way is to use the 'highRPM' sound and mix it into the main engine sound with an adjusted volume ( and pitch ) envelope. There also must be a reason for the 'maxAngleOfAttack' code line in the engine but i haven't put effort in finding out about this.

i might have a look into that method if my current one doesn't work, but it seems ok so far - a non-functioning engine on each trouser leg with the siren on rotationRPM. very inefficient, but i should be able to get the proper doppler effect that way and use a slightly different sound for each one. setting up the envelopes is the only tricky part. i won't be flying these much so it has to be fully automatic for the bot pilots, and must only work on over-rev and not on full revs (or else the sirens will be going in level flight)

this thread is now redundant as these planes are now included in the v2 version. links updated.

v2 thread is here.

Edited by clivewil

I want one of these (with the suicide bomb replaced with fuel tanks + gun system, not necessarily flown just in a suicidal capacity):

Yokosuka_MXY7-K1_Ohka_Trainer_USAF.jpg

Video game footage of Ohka:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ohka+plane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohka

My vote for your next airplane ;-) Puts four .30/.50 caliber guns in the nose :-) I'd fly the hell out of that thing... for a minimalist plane (think Smith biplane), its so sexy...

Edited by cobrachoppergirl

This one's for Clivwil.. bfeditor.org's resident aircraft modeler...

Why is it when I see a P-51, I immediatly think Clivwil ;-)

It must be this thread

Edited by cobrachoppergirl

cheers! how's the B-29 stick bombing in the first clip, i knew they had a large load but wow - massive hurt underneath that lot.

i gave some thought to your baka/ohka last week - it has a very simple cockpit which is a plus seeing as i hate making cockpits. you'd have to stretch reality with the landing gear though, e.g. keep the skid but have invisible wheels so it could land and steer on the ground, or else it wouldn't be much use

-------- we need some formatting tools in here, the new forum doesn't recognise line breaks.

it makes all my text turn into a single paragraph -------

Edited by clivewil

-------- we need some formatting tools in here, the new forum doesn't recognise line breaks.

it makes all my text turn into a single paragraph -------

it

works

properly

if

you

use

the

more

relpy

options

button

hmm not for me it didn't, i had to use < br > or else it all shrunk into one chunk

'more reply options' just shows me a preview of my reply, it doesn't give me any options

and what does "this is project reality jet" mean, is he saying i stole it, or that PR did

Edited by clivewil

When

you

want

to

make

a

click

on

the

more reply options button

and

type

forget about the "more reply options"

you dont need to use them

there are options on the right Enable emoticons?,Enable signature?,Follow this topic?

which dont do much

got it

nope. doesn't work for me. might be a script problem or it doesn't like my version of firefox. no option to use bold, underscore, italic, font size - i get none of that stuff, i have to enter the tags manually from memory. preferred the old board setup.

I also have no formatting options and all the threads from the bf2/object editor are completely gone for me. I've tried in IE/Chrome/Firefox. I think there are modules for this version of the forum software that didn't get installed properly, or at all!

and what does "this is project reality jet" mean, is he saying i stole it, or that PR did

He posted that comment the same day he posted this

http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15872

He seems to be confused on the concept of ownership.

Edited by Coronaextra