Official BF Editor Forums
mschoeldgen[Xww2]

Bf Games And Editor In Windows 7

Windows 7 is on the horizon and from what i heard so far this OS seems to be a runner . Share your experiences and let us know of any hints and tricks you had to use to make things work.

Windows 7 has a windows xp pro virtual machine included from what i have read... which i'm guessing means that all the bf2 stuff will work...

it might even working on Win7.... I have the win7 beta as a virtual machine and it's pretty cool so far...

Yeah.. i second on the coolness on Win 7 beta.. also got it installed in a virtual machine, so havent got around trying BF2 or the editor on it yet, but planning on throwing in an extra HDD in one of my pc's and doing it soon.. anything else i should test for anyone when i get to it?

Edited by TNE26

When I install the some game,I too install Directx 10 or 11...

When I install bf2 the directx 9 can't to install,it's error...

But other game on my computer have directx 9,10,11...

When I load BF2 editor he say:Directx 9 or higher is required to run BF2.Please install directx 9 or higher...

I am running both BF2 Editor and BF2 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and have had no problems so far. It's running very stable.

The BF2 Editor needs to be installed in Windows XP compatibility mode though.

If a programm does not install correctly, it sometimes helps to:

1) turn off he UAC setting completley, reboot

2) install the application

3) turn the UAC back to maximum setting (by default it is one step below maximum <_< )

The Windows XP Pro Virtual Machine mode: BF2 and the Editor will most likely not work in this combination, because the VM mode does not support Direct X or graphic acceleration, but I haven't tried it myself yet.