Official BF Editor Forums
DEVILMAN

Aix Aircraft Carrier

That's Awesome...lol

I have a blast playing this mod in SP... My 7 year old nephew chooses this mod when i let him play on my computer... So many fun things to fly and shoot...:)

AIX = funnest mod ever!

And LOL a cool carrier!!! Does it sail?

Haha, nice one , you guys must have a lot of time to create something like this :P

And LOL a cool carrier!!! Does it sail?

Probably not . Either the planes will fall into the sea or its not usable in SP/COOP ( 'cause the objectspawners contain a 'holdObject 1' )

Haha, nice one , you guys must have a lot of time to create something like this :P

or its not usable in SP/COOP ( 'cause the objectspawners contain a 'holdObject 1' )

There are no "you guys" just me,and it took about 3 hours with notepad ,with testing and adding the back part of the Special Forces Iron Gator carrier

All changes so far are done by,add object template,so what you see appears in every map that has the carrier

AIRCRAFTCARRIER10.jpg

AIRCRAFTCARRIER11.jpg

'holdObject 1' does work in SP,(but bots cant spawn in the objects,so i read you said)

HOLDOBJECT2.jpg

'holdObject 1' does work in SP,(but bots cant spawn in the objects,so i read you said)

Yeah, but it crashes a network game once a bot tries to enter and drive this object.

I know you guys don't emphasize network games, but a mod has to take that into account.

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

There are no "you guys" just me
I know you guys don't emphasize network games, but a mod has to take that into account.

heh, there is no mod. AIX has been out of the circuit for months now, we effectively closed up shop after the 2.0 release. i'm the only one left from the dev team who's still involved in BF in any way (though arn354 is still handling the stats/co-op administration)

I'm sorry to hear that as AIX was one of my absolute favourites ,me being SP/COOP fanatic since BF1942. On the other hand - if a game has been modded to satifaction why not change to something better ? But currently i don't see anything better suited for modding than the BF series.

Please allow me to clarify something MS

I am not part of,associated with or working with AIX

I just use AIX as my private mod,as it is the greatest "public" mod,to grace the battlefield

yeah. AIX FTW!

And its a very lol carrier :D

Clearly people who haven't played battlefield pirates :lol:

Have to say that aix is the only modern themed mod that stays on my bf2 install, its fun and thats what i want when i play games. If i wanted reality I'ld sign up and get shipped out to afghanistan.

But currently i don't see anything better suited for modding than the BF series.

I've got a feeling thats coming to an end. Everything i hear coming from DICE suggests that we'll never get the modding tools for frostbite, perhaps a level editor at best (and if its setup anything like bf2 we'ld potentially be able to edit levels without a level editor). Ultimately though if the future bf games aren't set up to be moddable, i.e. a mod folder or something similar, we'll probably all need to look at other engines or stick with bf2.

Out of interest, anyone know how Project Realities attempts with the C4 engine are going? At least I believe thats the one they are looking at.

BFPirates! Never got to try it.. sorry PP.. :D

Have it downloaded, just never installed it.. have to get to it soon :D

@cobrachoppergirl:

Lol at the minimap of the last image.. a billion boats :D

Edited by TNE26

Clearly people who haven't played battlefield pirates

i'd love to try it; i downloaded it once before but it had no SP mode and i have a huge aversion to MP. did you ever include SP for it?

i'd love to try it; i downloaded it once before but it had no SP mode and i have a huge aversion to MP. did you ever include SP for it?

Why do you dislike MP so much? bad experience? bad internet?

Clivewil

Yep, we've had SP in pirates since R2.0, about six maps although some of them work better than others, and then more coming in v2.5 (including my first bot supported map). Little things like some spawn points being outside the nav mesh so you get a pile of dead pirate bodies at the round start we never picked up on until now. SP was originally not important to us, issues with them not using boats and a believed issue with swimming put us off. Its a shame because being able to test the most recent maps using bots rather than waiting until a few of the devs can get online has been much better.

Most recently i tried adding bots to our air map, but havent got past a ctd yet, think maybe i took your 'aircraft dont need navmeshes' too literally, or our planes ai is farked. We've also got a map from Rhino that I'ld like to use to see if we can get some decent boat combat going in SP, and failing that just an empty map with nothing but water - just to see how it works. But RL is killing my modding at the moment so I havent found the time to play with it.

Why do you dislike MP so much? bad experience? bad internet?

a bit of both i guess, but if the experience was better, i'd have done something to improve my internet.

there's different mind-sets between many SP'er and many MP'ers (notice i said many, not all)

SP'ers play for fun and because they're playing alone they don't have anything to prove. if they cheat, they only cheat themself. from a modding perspective, they are often very appreciative if someone builds something for them, because they are so used to being passed over or ignored in favour of the MP circle.

many of the MP'ers i have come across go to one of two extremes, depending on age: the younger guys are happy to shoot their own guys in the face to get the jet, do anything to get a high score, hack, cheat, abuse, and often take pleasure in making things worse for other players, even if they're on the same team. from a modding perspective, they are used to mummy doing everything for them so they are like little leeches that suck and suck and suck, so yeah, i reckon they suck

many of the older crew go the other way, and take the game really seriously - team play is everything, and every player is expected to fill their role and do their part, and there's no place for the 'lone wolf' player. from a modding perspective, they expect every detail to be exactly correct with regard to weapon loadouts and squadron markings etc. and there's no leeway for error or inaccuracy

the first group pisses me off for the obvious reason - because that's their intention to do so, and they succed brilliantly. the second group, while i admire their dedication, is just too much like hard work for me - go here at this time, use only this kit, don't shoot that guy because that kill belongs to someone else, if you can't fly you must play as a ground soldier, etc. etc. - no thanks. and as far as perfect detail goes, BF2 is, was, and ever will be, just a game and i just can't take it that seriously sorry.

if i want to work with BF2, i'll model a plane or repaint a map or make a navmesh. when i play BF2, i want to have fun - not get TK'ed by some pre-pubescent halfwit, or get told that i'm playing the game the wrong way and i'm letting my team down. and if you're on a team of 15 bots and you're fighting against a team of 45 bots, you're still going to have a tough fight no matter how dumb they are.

ok, sorry for the rant, but you did ask, heh

Yep, we've had SP in pirates since R2.0

ah cool, i will definitely have a look. i remember about the time of your 1.0 release there were some rumblings at BFSP that someone was putting an SP minimod together for Pirates but i was flat out with AIX at that time and so didn't have time to look into it myself

think maybe i took your 'aircraft dont need navmeshes' too literally, or our planes ai is farked.

once i've downloaded your mod, i might be able to take a look at that for you if you like. and no, aircraft don't need any form of navmesh whatsoever (but they DO need the aerial height map)

/topic finally resumes

Edited by clivewil

/topic takes another break - soory

Clivewil, yep most of our SP stuff is due to dnamaro and a few of the other guys doing the SP mininmod that was then merged into the normal build by dnamaro. Give me a shout when you get v2.1 and i'll send you the unreleased v2.5 that includes the air map etc.

ok, sorry for the rant, but you did ask, heh

No worries, your response was great, and I agree with everything you said. I tend to enjoy the teamwork MP myself, but I have experienced the crap you mentioned.

With that said, your mod is one of the best and I look forward to any of your future SinglePlayer endeavors.

I've got a feeling thats coming to an end. Everything i hear coming from DICE suggests that we'll never get the modding tools for frostbite, perhaps a level editor at best (and if its setup anything like bf2 we'ld potentially be able to edit levels without a level editor). Ultimately though if the future bf games aren't set up to be moddable, i.e. a mod folder or something similar, we'll probably all need to look at other engines or stick with bf2.

I think this never has been a problem. If you remember how things started with BF1942 where practically all the tools where made by the community until Battlecraft was released i'm confident that if an engine prooves worth modding the community will not stay aside long when it comes to creation of modding tools.

And tbh , the 'Community Support' by EA was nothing more than some luke-warm air :P

thanks DM, very nice of you to say that :)

For which bit ?

this bit ?

"Please allow me to clarify something MS

I am not part of,associated with or working with AIX"

or this bit ?

"I just use AIX as my private mod,as it is the greatest "public" mod,to grace the battlefield"

AIX as it is the greatest "public" mod,to grace the battlefield

I think the huge Chinese BF2 community,feel the same way ;)

AIXSHIRT.jpg

Edited by DEVILMAN