Official BF Editor Forums
crap

What Im Doing Wrong?

hi i followed the two tuttorials on how too make a basic terrain

Creating A Map For Begginers - (very Image Heavy), Inc. hints, tips and pics - Tut 1 of 3

Your First Map( A Tutorial On Making A Basic Terrain)

but it dosnt look even close to the pics in the tuts... i used Tpaint and everything camed out like this

beztytuuwx.th.jpg

can some one tell me what im doing wrong? iv made 3 layers like in tut set loodetail textures and generated them but all u can see is sand that looks like sh*t...please help me... :(

sory for my bad eng... :(

you need to generate the lowdetail maps in the editor and then restart the editor

just follow some tutorials in the forum

im sure i cant explain it as good as some tutorials

Hellooooo dont be an arse, and those tuts may not work for you, but they have for hundreds's if not thousands of others. I know from looking at your pics you havent followed the instructions for bftpaint, try there ;)

Not correctly. you either didnt copy the files into your maps editor folder as the tut says, or you copied them into the wrong folder like the maps root folder, or you missed a step completely. Follow the tut again, and dont miss any steps out.

Edited by Bensta

look i did it like the 3 tuts sey step by step and it dosnt work... i dont know why...

once it did color the terrain and i saved byc in the game it was like on the pic... i maked lightmaps and everything...

i dont know what else.... :(

close the editor ! then copy all texture folder of tpaint and paste them to /yourlevel/ and to /yourlevel/editor/

then open up the editor and generate the low detailmaps !

Sorry, propably a dumb question, but did you change the display settings under "Render" from Grid Mode to Detailed Texture Mode?

Second, from the picture you submitted I can tell that you did not do everything suggested in the tutorial.

Your Layer 1 has the planemap setting of 0, it should be 1. Also Low Detail should be set to 2 (doesn't really matter in the editor, but ingame).

Bf2t_paint uses three .tga files to generate the terrain for

steep terrain (steep.tga) -> this will be your Layer 1 in the Editor

high terrain (high.tga) -> this will be your Layer 2 in the Editor

low terrain (low.tga) -> this will be Layer 3 in the Editor

1) Copy bf2_paint in your map (under \mods\bf2\Levels\YOUR MAP NAME\)

2) Run bf2_tpaint.exe

3) After your run the bf2t_paint.exe, it will create a colormaps, detailmap, lowdetailmaps folder.

4) Go into your \mods\bf2\levels\YOUR MAP NAME\Editor\ folder and delete the colormaps, detailmap, lowdetailmaps folders that are currently in there.

5) Copy the colormaps, detailmap, lowdetailmaps folders from \...\YOUR MAP NAME\bf2t_paint\ folder into the \...\YOUR MAP NAME\Editor\folder.

6) Start the Editor and load your map

7) Now assign the properties for Layers 1-3 in the Editor as mentioned in the tutorials, don't fortget to "Set Low Detail Texture" and "Generate Low Detailmap". Save the map using the "Save" button NOT THE "SAVE ALL" button!!!!

copy all texture folder of tpaint and paste them to /yourlevel/

there was only to copy it to my editor folder so i did it

hmm i didnt see some thing like planemap settings in the tuts... maybe thats the problem? ill give it a try ;]

edit:

ok i did color the terrain it worked fine but what for is the plane map setting? and witch nuber should it be 1,2?

when i did the colorind iv noticed there is no sand on the map why? i should paint it manualy?

Edited by crap