Official BF Editor Forums

Airwolf Map Needs Testing

[TLB]stickman

I have a new map that I'd like to test online before making a "final release" of it. It is called Airwolf and can be downloaded here:

http://www.clan-tlb.com/forum/downloads.ph...=file&id=66

I have the map running on this server: 208.167.242.157:16567 and it is currently playing the Co-Op_16 level. It has three levels, and all are playable in Multi-player, Single-player, and Co-Op modes.

The 16 player level has both teams fighting for control of a huge Motel that I made with Maya. It is four stories tall, and each floor has dozens of rooms. There are four flags in the Motel, and as your team captures the flags, your enemy may acquitre a tank or APC to launch their counter attack.

The 32 and 64 player levels are both large area maps, and feature a volcano that hides the only attack chopper on the map, a Command Post that has the only helo repair pad and also gives the occupants Commander 2 additional arty pieces. The map is densely forested and has a huge lake. The Motel has two elevators, but they are a little buggy.

If you get a chance to try it, please post any problems, comments, or suggestions in this thread.

Thanks!

that's where i stopped. risking a lifetime of spam just to help someone didn't sound like a good deal...

spam? from the TLB site. not a chance, but thanks anyway clive , it's always best to go with your instints B)

I uploaded the file to my old FileFront acct, but it's a big file, I'm not sure how long it will be available before they delete it. I've had nothing but problems with Filefront over the years.

Here's the link: http://www.filefront.com/15008263/airwolf.zip

Edited by [TLB]stickman

hey could I have your permission to add this map to extrabox(my mod) as well? It looks pretty awesome and I would love to see it in there. :D

Thank you for your interest in using this map in your mod blowupyou, but I'd like to test the map first. I have a large building in the map that I created in Maya, and I'd like to make sure that it doesn't create any lag issues. Also, the building needs better looking textures applied to it. Once I'm convinced that the map is bug-free, I don't foresee any problems with letting you add it to your mod.

Thank you for your interest in using this map in your mod blowupyou, but I'd like to test the map first. I have a large building in the map that I created in Maya, and I'd like to make sure that it doesn't create any lag issues. Also, the building needs better looking textures applied to it. Once I'm convinced that the map is bug-free, I don't foresee any problems with letting you add it to your mod.

k sweet that would be great, ya your buildings need better textures but they don't lag. But I get a lot of lag from all of your over growth in the map, just so you know. Other than that it is pretty sweet. I like your elevators in the motel 6.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the elevator is great! I noticed the only way to cap the chinese motel was to use a chopper to get to the roof :(

And interior in your motel would be great to :)

After playing it a bit i've done some deeper research and came up with this:

16 coop:

- 16 coop is the best game mode, without playing online in multiplayer.

- It is quite difficult to cap some of the flags in the motel (those 2 at the cinese side)

- Bots seem to have problems with following the roads. Therefore they use ages to get to the motel...

- Great idea with the "tanks give-away" thing :)

- Minor lag while going in and out from scopes.

- Way to much undergrowth. Remove it from places where it isn't needed.

- Ugly loading screen picture.

32 coop:

- Not tested as 64 coop is quite the same.

64 coop:

- Lag while going in and out from scopes.

- Bots seem to have problems with following the roads. Therefore they start driving in to the woods etc.

- Only way i could cap the motel flag was by driving heli to the roof...

16 conquest:

- Not tested

32 conquest:

- Not tested as this is quite the same as 64 conquest.

64 conquest:

- Minor lag while going in and out from scopes.

- Only way i could cap the motel flag was by driving heli to the roof...

________________________________________________________________________________

Note:

I was running 48 bots while playing coop.

I have a quite high-end graphic card (ATI HD 4890)

Edited by sosser

Thanks for your input sosser.

I've tried everything I know to get those wacky bots to drive on the roads. I tried waypoints and I tried adding SA's between the home flag and the motel (in 16 player mode). The Chinese team seem to stay on the road OK, it's just the USA team that wants to detour.

Due to a random CTD, I've reworked the map with much less overgrowth so that the navmesh would have a greatly reduced poly count. I added some large rocks for cover and to restrict vehicles near the lake edge approaching the motel.

I've adjusted the CP radius and infantry order positions inside the motel.

I have not noticed any problems capping the motel flags, though. All motel flags are cappable from inside. I added the "for Infantry only" flag to the motel CP's, but it seemed to cause problems so I had to uncheck those boxes in the tweaker.

That is certainly an ugly loading screen pic, but it is of the unfinished motel. The final release will certainly have a better image.

Thanks again everybody for your suggestions. I find them very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...