Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
simon.blom

Can't Import Object To Bf2 Editor...

simon,

I uploaded my temple_steps Maya .mb file to my Filefront page here:

http://www.filefront.com/15057203/temple_steps_MB.zip/

Just unzip this file, and inside it is the temple_steps folder. Place this folder into this staticobjects directory

EA Games/Battlefield 2/bf2editor/RawData/Objects/staticobjects/

Then open your Editor and select your MyMod (or whatever your custom mod is for importing)

Switch to the Object Editor, then from the menu select Import, then open the temple_steps folder and select the temple_steps.mb file and hit OK.

Let me know if it imported correctly for you. I hope this is of some help to you.

hi stickman

I tried to import the maya file.

It shows up the editor and the editor imports it,

but in some crazy was the maya file just disappears and I can't find it anywhere in the editor...

Here's the code from the import:

;)

******* Import Started *******

execute: maya/mparser60.exe   "C:/Program/Battlefield 2/bf2editor/rawdata/objects/staticobjects/temple_steps/temple_steps.mb"
Copy failed. Could not find generated file: bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\meshes\temple_steps.collisionmesh
Copy failed. Could not find generated file: bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\meshes\temple_steps.samples
Copy failed. Could not find generated file: bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\meshes\temple_steps.staticmesh
Copy failed. Could not find generated file: bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\temple_steps.con
Copy: [bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\textures\temple_steps_c.dds] -> [mods\bf3\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\textures\temple_steps_c.dds] done.
Copy: [bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\textures\temple_steps_de.dds] -> [mods\bf3\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\textures\temple_steps_de.dds] done.
Copy: [bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\textures\temple_steps_deb.dds] -> [mods\bf3\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\textures\temple_steps_deb.dds] done.

******* Import Error *******

******* C:\Program\Battlefield 2\bf2editor/rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\temple_steps.log *******
A collision mesh has no vertices, aborting !
This geometry has no materials Copy failed. Could not find generated file: bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\meshes\temple_steps.collisionmesh
Copy failed. Could not find generated file: bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\meshes\temple_steps.samples
Copy failed. Could not find generated file: bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\meshes\temple_steps.staticmesh
Copy failed. Could not find generated file: bf2editor\rawdata\objects\staticobjects\temple_steps\temple_steps.con

******* Import Completed *******

[Console] : Couldn't open console script "objects/staticobjects/temple_steps/temple_steps.con"

Do I need the maya plugins for import to the editor becouse I don't think that I've them...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mschoeldgen[Xww2]:

read my previous reply which was about max ;)

Edited by simon.blom

Who else has a headache?

I have... and thats related to Maya. simon.blom, you should make up your mind now which program to use.

I don't care about Maya ( for me its a native tribe in South America ) and you should probably do the same , nobody here really has an indepth knowledge about exporting even the simplest object. Regarding the age of the only working Maya version you should abandon that program.

Max:

Obviously your object doesn't export with collisionmeshes else you'd have the 'hasCollisionPhysics 1' line in the .con file.

Either your hierachy is setup wrongly ( create a 'dummy' helper named nonvis_ and parent it under your main mesh in lod0 ) or you have a typo or so. Please, please read the tutorials ( plane tutorial is also handy for that ) and compare the hierachy of your object to the examples in the hierachy help thread. I think your main problem is that you only read half of the tutorials..... because we have explained it in length and you are the first one with such big problems. Follow the static tutorial step for step and don't skip anything.

I just thought that dice used maya when they created bf2...

------------------------------------------------

Max:

I've followed your tutorial about the static object, and I will try again, but first I need help with 2 things that I didn't understand the first time:

1. I didn't understand how to "parent" my collision meshes under the lod0. Can you please explain that to me?

Here's a picture of my current hierachy for myBox:

namnls-1.jpg

2. I also had some problems with the texturing. I managed to "add material to selection", but the thing about "adding material to each face" was also hard and I think that I didn't do it correctly.

Thanks for helping!

Edited by simon.blom

UPDATE - DON'T FORGET TO READ MY PREVIUS REPLY!

I tried to put the box on a map and it works!!!

namnls-2.jpg

Here are some things I noticed:

1. It's bad "grafic/quality" on my box, why?

2. It looks like my box have no collision meshes becouse I can shoot and walk through it. I think it's becouse I didnt't set up my "hiearchy" correct?

3. In the editor the object still don't have any "hasCollisionPhysics" and I still can't change "mapMaterials". Help?

Don't forget to look at my previus reply - this is just an update!

Thanks for helping!

The problem in your heirachy is that you need to parent the three collisionmeshes under the 'nonvis_' helper and not under the visible mesh.. Look here:

statichierarchy.jpg

forget about the lods for now but bring your hierachy into the right sequence.

I know that I need to parent the 3 collision meshes under "nonvis_", but I've followed your tutorial and your heirachy tutorial but I still don't understand how to parent an object under another. I think that I might need a detailed explanation on that part...

Thanks for helping!

btw. stickman, thanks for the tutorial ;)

/// simon.blom