Official BF Editor Forums

Creating & Exporting Terrain From Geocontrol 2 To Bf2e

gamer.supreme.1

Hey everyone! Just to let you know, i am not a genius at this or evenly remotely close to knowing how to use all the functions of GeoControl 2. I scoured the net for BF2 Editor tutorials and always end up here :rolleyes: , so after reading hours of posts and getting my questions answered i feel confident to share what i know on terrain creation using GeoControl 2 and exporting it to be used in BF2 Editor.

First and foremost you will need the following tools to get through this tutorial.

Battlefield 2

Adobe Photoshop

Tpaint

BF2 Editor

GeoControl 2

*I will try to update with links*

Once you have established that these programs are up and running, you can now begin the tutorial.

intro1e.jpg

intro2di.jpg

s14jy.jpg

s59.jpg

Below, i forgot to put a pointer showing the location of the pen tool. It's to the left of the grid slider, the very first button from the right.

s1012.jpg

result2d.jpg

result3d.jpg

Below there is an error. Instead of choosing "Export" i chose "Import", just follow the text if it confuses you.

s1316.jpg

Choosing and exporting the texture

textpicking.jpg

s1718.jpg

Opening your files in Photoshop

s1920.jpg

s2122.jpg

s23z.jpg

s24.jpg

s25q.jpg

s26r.jpg

Preparing the texture for your terrain in Photoshop

s2728.jpg

s29r.jpg

tgaoptions.jpg

editor1u.jpg

editor2.jpg

Setting up Tpaint & your Terrain

folders1.jpg

folders2.jpg

folders3.jpg

folders4.jpg

Edit Below: Right-Click the "colourbig.tga" and choose "Properties".

tpaint2.jpg

Edited by gamer.supreme.1

that's a great tutorial... one thing i do with the colormap in geocontrol is hit.... view... relief... then no relief in the drop down menu... That way you wont get

the black shadows on the colormap... also there are a bunch of terrain color schemes you can choose... and when i do a colormap... I import it into photoshop and desaturate it a little so it looks more natural...

Geocontrol is awesome.... you can make roads and add lakes and rivers...

here is a map concept i'm working on with another modder

screen042.png

screen040.png

that's a great tutorial... one thing i do with the colormap in geocontrol is hit.... view... relief... then no relief in the drop down menu... That way you wont get

the black shadows on the colormap... also there are a bunch of terrain color schemes you can choose... and when i do a colormap... I import it into photoshop and desaturate it a little so it looks more natural...

Geocontrol is awesome.... you can make roads and add lakes and rivers...

here is a map concept i'm working on with another modder

screen042.png

screen040.png

Nice looking map. Yeah, the vector tool is mint. I play with it often trying to find that right road size. Sometimes i use it to create pre-determined bases and spawnpoints, it helps. Yeah, i know what you mean about the "Relief" issue. Depending on the map, it works. I can say the only issue i have ran into is being able to make flat land in certain area's of the map using isolines. Other than that, its the easiest terrain prog i have ever gotten the hang of (slightly). Compared to what i can make in the BF2 editor, which is like drawing with my teeth, the results are great. I recommend this prog to anyone wanting to make above average terrain and have no idea how to. :lol:

Yeah if I could afford it I would 100% invest in the full version, love using this prog.

But for now it will have to wait as I have another backpacking adventure coming up in Jan, so I'll be away a while again!

Will be back modding on my return!

Facebook picture updates for anyone interested lol

This time it's Nepal to south India via Motorbike, can't wait!

Congrats on your first tut gamer.