Official BF Editor Forums

Playing Music

sashaNar

Title...

I want to play Wagner's Valkyrie Flight (Apocalypse Now :rolleyes: ) from GFM. I have it's mp3 file and I want to know which program to use for sound editing. tried to find sound forge download, but no working results.

NOOOOOO!!!! I made a nice batch file to convert an MP3 to BF2-friendly OGG. I need to upload it.

http://www.filefront.com/15369153/BF2_Music.zip

Read readme.txt in there, don't forget to extract! It's a much faster way, and you won't have to turn it into an 8kHz WAV. I made sure it balances quality with filesize.

Edited by UberWazuSoldier

Oh c'mon, how can we know that you have made a tool for that purpose :P The above way can convert not only MP3's but all of existing audio formats.

Don't forget the serial numbers though. Sounds might refuse to play in network if the serial number of the OGG is not in the correct range.

Don't worry, I tested it out =P

Technically, my one can also convert .wavs and .auds (a .aud is a file format which was used in a few Command and Conquer games - so it's not particularly useful)

I wouldn't recommend using 8kHz unless you don't mind losing a lot of crispness. For most sounds I suppose it will be fine, like ambient sounds. But for music, your snares and cymbals will sound kinda... lacklustre.

Edited by UberWazuSoldier

Hmm, rereading the topic title he says he wants to use it with a GFA .

Here you'll need two version of your sound , and they both should be WAV's. The monoaural version should be used in the 3P fire sound and the stereo version is for the 1P sound.

If its a single-shot weapon (like a rifle, colt or a arty cannon ) it should work out of the box if your sound comes with a 22khz samplerate . If your weapon is e.g. a MG you can use UWS's tool to add the loop region. Note that the loop region should not exceed the duration of a single shot . E.g. a weapon with a RoF of 600 will 'send' 10 projectiles per second , limiting the duration of the loop to a maximum of 0.1 seconds.

It's best if it matches up exactly, otherwise it sounds like you fired 50 rounds, when you actually only shot 20.

I suppose if it's music, it might be better to not have loop regions at all... Hmmm.....

Someone should make a BF2 drum kit, just have a firing rate of, say, 30.... And have the sound on the firing effect (so you can have more than one variation of 2-second drum solo). That would be pretty cool.

• 1 year later...

NOOOOOO!!!! I made a nice batch file to convert an MP3 to BF2-friendly OGG. I need to upload it.

http://www.filefront.com/15369153/BF2_Music.zip

Read readme.txt in there, don't forget to extract! It's a much faster way, and you won't have to turn it into an 8kHz WAV. I made sure it balances quality with filesize.

Hi there do you still have this file as i tried the link and it seems to be dead can u reupload please as this would be very handy for me to use.