Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MajorDump

Map Crashes Plz Help

Hello all i have recently just started mapping i may be a noob but i know when something is wrong. I get to 15% loading my pr map, and then boom it crashes. i have run it in debug mode but no error messages pop up when the game crashes. i am nearly finished with my map and this is ticking me off someone plz help me :angry:

Edited by MajorDump

Which errors (error message please)? Is this a pure Conquest map or Co-Op map? In case of Co-Op, does your navmesh have more than 1 island (one of the reasons for a 15% crash, among a lot of other possibilities).

Yeah, the most common 15% crashes are either a badly coded object (which doesn't seem likely), or trying to play on Co-Op or Single Player when it's not set up to do that. As Caliban said, navmeshing is also a breeding ground of 15% crashes.

This doesn't look like a map error , it points to a problem with either graphicscard or sound device. Where did you get that error message from ? Do you run version 1.5 of the game ? If yes, try the alt-tab fix for BF2:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlef...lt-tab-fix.html

This fix consists of a new RendDX9.dll to replace the one in the BF.EXE folder.

You should tell us about the gamemode you want to start your map in, CQ, COOP, SP ...

Oh hey, yeah I forgot about that fix. If you have download 1.5 VERY recently then you'd have a post-fix version probably, but to be on the safe side try that anyway. It doesn't look like a very nice error to be getting... I've never seen it before, let's hope it's just a driver problem, or maybe the alt-tab fix will solve it - it definitely could be related.

Hello all i have recently just started mapping i may be a noob but i know when something is wrong. I get to 15% loading my pr map, and then boom it crashes. i have run it in debug mode but no error messages pop up when the game crashes. i am nearly finished with my map and this is ticking me off someone plz help me :angry:

Yea I've got the same problem here. Made a map with hills, water, some trees, flags with spawnpoints and cars

I saved it and packaged it but it just crashed to desktop

here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tes4tl1TjqU