Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimdx

Items Won't "rotate" When I Use The Rotate Tool.

Very aggravating!!. All of a sudden, when I rotate or move an item in Level Editor, it no longer moves as I drag the 'arrows" or the axis. It snaps to the new position when I release the mouse. GRRRrrrrrr. It used to work correctly, but something happened. Now getting objects in the right place is nearly impossible, as I have to place objects through trial and error. I'm guessing there's a setting somewhere but I can't find one. I've also tried various mouse and keyboard things like "Scroll Lock" and those mouse buttons that I don't know what are for.

Please Help LOL :P

Edited by jimdx

Wish i knew the fix too ;) happens to me too, although the other day it worked fine, think it was either the singleplayer editor being loaded, or after lightmaps.. didnt test what fixed it, but i belive the sp editor did it.. but i've kinda got used to it now anyway ;)

In the upper navigation tab is an option "Snap", between "Layers" and "Compile". You can check either "Snap to ground", "Snap to object" or both. Also in there is an option "Snap to terrain grid" either 1 or 1/2, which I think happened here. If you drag an object in the Editor, it will snap to the nearest full grid point or halfway between to grid points (depending on the setting 1 or 1/2). Usefull options for aligning objects along the grid.

So uncheck the option 1 or 1/2 terrain grid and it should work.

I have that issue all the time.

Never once managed to get a real-time rotate or positioning. Heard opening Photoshop or something fixes it.

Grass is always greener... lol.

Opening an image in photoshop fixes all of the issues with statics not moving/rotating in realtime. There's a driver or something somewhere that gets loaded and stays afterwards which the editor does not load...go figure. :/

Opening an image in photoshop fixes all of the issues with statics not moving/rotating in realtime. There's a driver or something somewhere that gets loaded and stays afterwards which the editor does not load...go figure. :/

Hey! IT WORKED!!!!!!!! I shall indeed go figure. :)

Even with Photoshop I still can't get this to work. In fact, I've never seen any real time movement when moving/rotating something in the editor. Probably why I do all my planning in-game... :huh: