Official BF Editor Forums

Free Space Shuttle Model

mschoeldgen[Xww2]

Here's another free model - the Space Shuttle Atlantis derived from the orginal 3DS model by Nasa. In contrary to its real life counterpart this one is able to start like a plane . Provisions for baydoors but the model is far from complete in model and code although its already usable ingame. Comes with the Max 7 model.

stsA.jpg

stsB.jpg

Download here: http://www.schoeldgen.de/bf1942/sts.zip

Note that NASA demands to not use the original NASA logo because of copyright infringements so i erased it from the texture.

I have no idea if i work further on this model - if its the case i'll update here.

Have fun !

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

easter egg material
Lol, if you're able to hide a 37 meter long vehicle on your map you're welcome , hehehe
PoE2's katana
but --- wait , we have a Katana in XWW2 which is far from being easter-eggish but the japanese officers melee weapon :o Maybe PoE2 has the same intentions ? Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

Ukrainians, Germans and Americans running around with samurai swords? That would be kinda cool actually!

Hmm, there'd have to be a very special way of hiding something that big now that you mention it. Maybe make a big hangar object have it get triggered when you stand on some specific place, and then the hangar opens up, revealing this beast.

ha haaa...nice 1 msch...does it fly like a brick?...lol.

the space shuttle is another bf toy that would have been really cool with child pco's,could have ejected the fuel tank and boosters and done a vertical takeoff.

what version of max are you using?...nevermind i got the astronaut working..lol

Edited by BEEX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Only to remind you that this is the Space Shuttle's last missions this year. STS 135 Atlantis is scheduled to launch in early July and will be the last ever Shuttle mission. NASA's most versatile spacecraft is going to retire - it killed 14 people but also gave us a lot of insights into our universe over the last 30 years.