Official BF Editor Forums

Adding Musclecar

CrazyEddie

Hello all,

First, kudos to all of you. This forum has been an excellent source of info in educating!

I am trying to build a vBF2 map. Done so before, been lurking here for 5 months or so as well.

I want to add the musclecar that is in Midnight Sun. I can't seem to figure out how to do this, though. Maybe I'm being dense.

Can someone post a step-by-step help on this? It would be most appreciated!!

CE

i might not know what im talking about at all but u should try this...

go to : C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

COPY 'Booster_client' and 'Booster_server'

and put them in: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\*YOURMOD*\Levels\*YOURMAP*

now open editor and load your level

go to "MOD" tab at the top

then "MOD Manager" and click the "Editor Content" tab

click 'ADD...' and select C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\*YOURMOD*\Levels\*YOURMAP*\Booster_client.zip

and C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\*YOURMOD*\Levels\*YOURMAP*\Booster_server.zip

then, click apply and OK. on your "Resourses" window (on the LEFT of your editor by default) ...click BF2>Objects>Vehicles>Xpak2_Vehicles>xpak2_musclecar

and drag it into your map.

if that doesnt work then i dont know xD

Hey thanks for the quick reply - I had added the booster_client.zip at one point, but not the server.zip.

Adding that doesn't seem to affect it, though. I can find the object, drop it anywhere. Or use object spawner, add a jeep, and then use the tweak bar to change it to muscle car. In the editor it shows up. Running the game, though, no joy.

CE

Yes you can use it in normal bf2. If you go to a maps folder, say Wake_Island_2007, open up server.zip in winrar, then go Gamemodes\gpm_cq\64\ In there you will find Gameplayobjects.con If you edit it and save, you will notice that it is Read only :(. However, a very handy tool (Notepad ++) can clear read only flags without having to save to MY documents and recompile it into the .zip again. Basically try find a vehicle you want to replace (humvee?) then find each line that says

USJEP_HMMWV

and replace it with the exact name of the musle car (xp2_musclecar???) try find out for sure. 

BUT... Don't replace bf2 files is you have your own mod. If you don't, then you should pack up the level's server.zip files

One other thing, the AI can get a little messy when replacing vehicles. I remember trying to replace a jeep with a TANK, works in Multi of course but i can't get it to work in Singleplayer.

Hmmm...still not working.

I am creating my own BF2 map, not modifying an existing one, so unzipping server.zip is fine - it doesn't exist yet! :D

I can see/select/move the musclecar in the editor. When I try running the map in multiplayer-localserver mode, the map loads, but the musclecar doesn't appear.

As an added twist, I add the command to init.con to allow a commander to "drop" a musclecar....and when the map loads, that commander bar "charges up" and allows me to "drop" the car...but nothing drops.

So, to summarize:

1 - boosterpacks (server and client) are now loaded in the editor.

2 - I can add a musclecar in the editor as an objectspawn.

3 - I have "run /objects/vehicles/xpak2_vehicles/xpak2_musclecar/xp2_musclecar_01.con" in staticobjects.con

4 - Gameplayobjects.con has the following:

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: CP_B_Vroom]

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner CP_B_Vroom

ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner CP_B_Vroom

ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "paul"

ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1

ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0

ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 xp2_musclecar_01

ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 xp2_musclecar_01

and later on:

rem [ObjectSpawner: CP_B_Vroom]

Object.create CP_B_Vroom

Object.absolutePosition -840.440/71.226/-61.982

Object.rotation 0.000/0.000/0.000

Object.setControlPointId 2

Object.layer 1

I load the game, select CP_B as my spawn, and nothing's where the car should be....

Is this making sense?

Thanks in advance!

CE