Official BF Editor Forums

M4 Ironsights

rhysm_08

Someone asked me if I could place red dot sights on bf2 weapons. I thought sure that should be possible, after all the M4 has it. Then I was thinking, what would the M4 be like without the red dot scope. So, after a deleteing the scope, welding verticies and removing a strange box in the way of the sight itself, I got it to export. Although it still zoomed in to the scope. So I imported the M16 "Zoom" lod and used that as refrence to scale the M4. Then changed the M4 blurtexture to the M16 one (after scaling it). After lowering it (cause scope is higher than ironsights) I got it working yay. So the m4 doesn't have a scope anymore it has its true sights. Here is a gameplay video, it prefer it over that scope. Im thinking of doing the Scar-L next because that scope was rubbish as well.

mscho:merged double thread

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

So someone asked me if I could place red dot sights on bf2 weapons. I thought sure that should be possible, after all the M4 has it. Then I was thinking, what would the M4 be like without the red dot scope. So, after a deleteing the scope, welding verticies and removing a strange box in the way of the sight itself, I got it to export. Although it still zoomed in to the scope. So I imported the M16 "Zoom" lod and used that as refrence to scale the M4. Then changed the M4 blurtexture to the M16 one (after scaling it). After lowering it (cause scope is higher than ironsights) I got it working yay. So the m4 doesn't have a scope anymore it has its true sights. Here is a gameplay video, it prefer it over that scope. Im thinking of doing the Scar-L next because that scope was rubbish as well.