Official BF Editor Forums

Rpm - Sound Loop

Momo5000

Hey folks,

i have a problem, i changed the rpm from a gun upto 900 (from 300) and the sound is a fucked up, it sounds like im shooting slower then im actually shooting.

Does anyone know how exactly i can fix that? what tool do i need to create sound loops for wav files? and how do i place the sound loop exactly right? like bf2 accepts only 300, 600 and 900 rpm, all other values will return an error.

ps: sorry for my bad english

Correct working looped sounds can be created with e.g. Sony SoundForge . To have the sound synced to the RoF the loop needs to have the same length as a single shot . E.g. your weapon has a RoF of 600 shots per minute which reults in exactly 10 shots / second.

The sound loop now should be one tenth of a second = 100 mSeconds or slightly shorter so that the loop will be retriggered on the next shot.

UberWazuSoldier also created a tool to insert loops ( also called regions ) into a sound:

http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14096

• 8 months later...

ok so i gpt a similar problem, i made the beretta burst fire and the sound loops TOO much as i made a sound that fires 3 shots in sync with the burst fire...but the problem is that it repeats itself 3x for 3 shots...i want the sound to repeat itself every 3 rounds...any ideas?

• 8 months later...

FIXED IT :D

Nice, I want the same thing.. Tried this with the MP5 in Project Reality mod. The soundfile contained like 20-30 shots with an echo afterwards. How do I make play along with the animation? Lets say I made a loop with all shots included, then after just pressing once (single shot) the gun played the whole file and not just one shot. :( Need help.