Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
purechaos

Ai Bot Commander Spamming Orders

Im not sure if theres a way to do this but id thought id ask.

Now heres the situation. Every 5 seconds or so, the ai commander keeps telling my "squad" to attack a position over and over and over, even if i "decline" as well as "accept" the command.

Is there a way to "Shut him up" without actually becoming a commander myself, or going "solo"?.

"Attack this position"

"Roger that"

"Attack this position"

"Roger that"

"Attack this position"

"Roger that"

"Attack this position"

"Roger that"

"Attack this position"

*STOP YACKING AND GET OFF THIS NET!!!!*

"Attack this position"

"Attack this position"

Yeah, I don't know why DICE let the commander give an order to a squad already doing what he wants to tell them. If the attack marker is already on the flag, he shouldn't distract the squad leader.

Only way I have learned makes it so then none of the AI recieve orders to attack a location and they just kind of go crazy which is perfect for what I want :P

Could you please tell us how you did this so we don't accidently mess things up or so we may implement this without failure?

Thanks!

Edited by Sys

Every 5 seconds or so, the ai commander keeps telling my "squad" to attack a position over and over and over, even if i "decline" as well as "accept" the command.

Hi

I have just got the same thing - it happened after changing 2 of my CP's to neutral - after the navmesh was done.

each cp was assigned to each team when the navmesh was created - but i thought id try changing it afterwards + then the spamming started + its the only change i made. so its gotta b that.

so that means u will have to redo the createnavmesh.bat + fixnavmesh again if u want to get rid of the spamming orders

there may be more reasons why he starts spamming - but at least heres 1.im sure the list will grow... ;)

EDIT:i just changed it back to the original cp setup + no more spamming - without redoing the navmesh -u might not have the option if u cant remember the layout u had when u navmeshed

Regards

Psi_

Edited by Psi_Co_Killa