Official BF Editor Forums

Community Resources Section

BEEX

just wondering if anyone thinks a "community resources" section would be a good addition to the forum.

i dont mean we store the contents here,just a place to add links to dl free content made by the bf mod community for bf2 mods.

strictly custom game ready assets like...

skydome textures

skydome mesh

skybox mesh

skybox textures

terrain colourmaps

terrain detailmaps

undergrowth textures

undergrowth meshes

effects textures

effects meshes

vehicles

weapons

statics

characters

animations

kit geometry

overgrowth textures

overgrowth meshes

yadda yadda yadda...you get the idea... :lol:

we get asked for some things on a common basis,some things are very simple to create for those in the know but for the new comers learning and purchasing so many programs to create simple assets is expensive and time consuming,and a motivation killer.

we might be able to prevent some people stealing assets from other mods if other resources are there and free to use as they please.

let us know what you think,and we'll see what we can do.

I think its a great idea, i recently found a 3d mod package that could hopefully be converted into bf2 and I thought that was excellent. It could be a cool thing for modders and for this section (when it exsists). Although, it would mean many mods will have this content but that could be a good thing.

What i would like to see mostly is, say a 3d modeler makes this epic static mesh for bf2 and uploads his .3ds/.max/.staticmesh onto the Community resources page. Then he says, could someone please help me out for the texture? So texture wizards appear and say I can do it, Abracadabra!!, Zing!! and suddenly there is an epic model with an epic texture.

Would be cool :D

Edited by rhysm_08

I'd contribute my free models from the Tutorials and WIP section:

Seafury Aircraft:

http://www.schoeldgen.de/bf1942/tutorials/Seafury.zip

Space Shuttle Atlantis:

http://www.schoeldgen.de/bf1942/sts.zip

Test Tank, this model is a demo for animated UV's and bone usage in a tank model:

http://www.schoeldgen.de/bf1942/testank.zip

If desired i can contribute a few static models as well.

i have a few aircraft and things already released that were built with this sort of thing in mind, you can include those too if you like:

F-4D Phantom II and RAF FGR.2 Phantom

Su-22 Fitter and A-7 Corsair II

F-14 Tomcat

V-22 Osprey (which i suspect is usable for SP only)

Spitfire V + Spitfire IX + P-51D + Me109E + Ju87B + cheapo Flak emplacement

Historic, includes swastika on fins

...or...

for German players, swastikas removed from fins

...plus several extra skins for the Tomcat, A-7, Fitter etc. but i won't list those; people can go to BFSP if they want to grab any of those

i have a pacific environment pack in the works ill be happy to donate...needs a little more work.

awesome work guys

btw clive do you have an f-22 raptor in the works?,cuz i really need one for my fcs mod,ill be happy to make the cockpit cuz i know your not real fond of making them.

clive do you have an f-22 raptor in the works?,cuz i really need one for my fcs mod,ill be happy to make the cockpit cuz i know your not real fond of making them.

no sorry beex i don't have one on the go, but there has been one on my to-do list of possibilities for some time, so i might shelve the Rafale for a while (which is boring me shitless) and take a closer look at the F-22. do you have a proposed timeline or ETA?

my last personal BF projects were an XB Falcon GT 2-door and an XY Falcon GTHO, where i tried to rectify my usual aversion to cockpits by making them properly, and succeeded to a small degree. (but they each added an extra 3,000+ polys to the meshes so i couldn't really say it was very efficiently done)

proposed timeline = whenever...lol...im working on an indie game too so i spend my spare time on the fcs mod,so theres no rush.

oh no!,are you a ford fan?...just lost all respect for you...jokes!...he heeee.

dont worry about the 3000 polycount for the falcon cockpits,even 5yo old pc's can eat that many polies no worries,its usually a misuse of textures or too many different objects on 1 map that causes video lag.

ive got some other goodies to donate aswell...but first i need to finish the 1p arms and 3p textures (ran out of steam..lol).

taliban character

ninja character

navy seal character

urban character

private security character

business suit character

and a few more.

oh no!,are you a ford fan?...just lost all respect for you...jokes!...he heeee.

it's all cool Beex, i'm sure you're happy with your Hyundai. the XB was mum's old car but i loved owning the Shaker for as long as i did. the car i'm working on now is my old E49 Charger, but these days i drive a Holden so i'm not a diehard fan of any particular brand

Oh Clivus

i know there's already several F-22's out there for BF, i wasn't thinking of building one because it was unique, more as a design exercise. wanted to see if i could get all the little doors and bits working without going over the 26-part limit. for BF2 flying fun, nothing beats my VTOL A-7 Sluf so it's pointless me even trying

Edited by clivewil

@ devilman...possible in SP mode maybe,26 networkables is for MP and co-op modes.

@clivewil....e49 charger,sweeet!,are you going to make your charger and chuck it in bf2?

hyundia...lol...no i dont drive,im always too drunk...just kidding...too drunk half the time,sleeping the other half...he heee

hmmm a modelling comp isnt such a bad idea,only problem is the guys who know how to model for bf2 probly have a stretched time budget as is.

i know theres quite a few of us working with other games atm and we are hanging around here to help and cuz we like to mod bf2.

i'll be happy to join a modelling comp,its certainly a good way to build resources for the community.

oh i forgot to add zombie soldiers to the list of things to donate,a zombie you guys have seen before and a 2 headed zombie.

i know there's already several F-22's out there for BF, i wasn't thinking of building one because it was unique, more as a design exercise. wanted to see if i could get all the little doors and bits working without going over the 26-part limit. for BF2 flying fun, nothing beats my VTOL A-7 Sluf so it's pointless me even trying

I think Devilman is trying to point out that you can have the high-poly cockpit for the 1p model and a low-poly one for the 3p ;)

I think Devilman is trying to point out that you can have the high-poly cockpit for the 1p model and a low-poly one for the 3p ;)

No,I posted the pic of 4 different F22's (there is a 5th one in the works,but it looks like a f@ing seagull)

To say there were already 4 F22's in the BF2 community

A similar thing happened when Clivewil,decided to build a F14,at that time not many people knew there was one already made

Hence this below

TOMCAT.jpg

Edited by DEVILMAN