Official BF Editor Forums

Airsoft Mod

Liguster

----------------

Hey I'm working on an airsoft mod, and I got to the point where I would like to make it work with multiplayer, but it doesn't.

I know about the debugger and I know that it doesn't run on BF2 v1.5.

But I can't even get it to work on v 1.4 and 1.41

So I'm asking the community for help to debug my mod.

----------------

Hey there :-)

I'm still working on the mod.

But I'm in need of a couple guys who can help me with something.

I really need a modeller who can or have made weapon models with a lot of accesories.

And people who can animate. In the Nature of the mod there is a big need for reload animations.

Contact me if you are interested in helping me out. :-)

Edited by Liguster

Well, try with the BF2 Editor 1.3 (or whatever the latest version is). There were some shader problems with the debug executable for older versions of the editor, but the latest version doesn't have this problem. You can get it to work on the 1.5 patch too, but it's recommended that you rename your controls.con in your BF2 profile folder (which is in My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles/xxxx - where xxxx is the number of your profile. If you're not sure which one you need, open up Profiles/Global.con and look at "GlobalSettings.setDefaultUser ", the number next to it is the profile you last signed into). The reason for that is that the new "Haptic" settings in BF2 end up breaking the bf2_r.exe's interpretation of the file, so it just gives up and doesn't load any controls at all. By making sure it can't load your controls.con, it will make its own file (which will work for both BF2 and BF2_r as long as you don't make any changes to it in bf2.exe

Hope that helps.

I managed to make it work, but with +ignoreAsserts 1, it doesn't report any errors after starting up the game.

I fixed it by:

1 - installing editor 1.3 to get rid of shader errors

2 - deleting the settings inisde the mod and replacing it with a settings folder from a BF2 1.41 install

3 - Profit

• 9 months later...