Official BF Editor Forums

Battlefield 2 Kit-Exporting

100fps

Hello guys,

I imported the Battlefield 2 US-Kits into 3dsmax 7 with the poe2 3dsMax6-8 Tools v0.30. I want to change the

items (bags, helmets, backpack, ... ) carried by the us-soldiers.

For example: I want the engineer to wear a helemt instead of a hat.

I have only one problem: I guess i have to rename all objects, but I do not know the correct names/hierarchy.

Please tell me the names and the hierarchy for at least one us-kit (+ dropkit names/hierarchy).

many thanks in advance

- 100fps

An example for kit hierarchies is shown in this thread:

http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5013

The original part names for the US kit can be found by looking at the /objects/kits/US/us_kits.con file. Note that for a successful kit export it is necessary to weigth all parts to an imported 3P skeleton using skin modifiers.

Thank you for your answer mschoeldgen[Xww2]!

But i dont know, what you mean with this:

"[..] necessary to weigth all parts to an imported 3P skeleton using skin modifiers."

Cann you tell me exactly what you mean an how it works? (BTW: I know how to import an 3P skeleton)

best regards

- 100fps

As a soldier moves,the kit parts need to move with him. In 3DS Max this is acomplished by adding a 'Skin' modifier to each moving part. The modifier contains a list of bones (from the 3P skeleton) by which is affected and another list ( WeightTable ) where the strength is defined for each vertex of the object.

This technique is also used in other skinnedmeshes ( each soldier needs it ) and in a slightly different form in tank tracks.

Unfortunately the skin modifiers are lost when importing a skinnedmesh and need to be created anew.