Official BF Editor Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mada123

Winrar Fails When Trying To Mod Bf2

Hi, I love to mod games. so im trying to mod bf2. (THIS WORKED FOR ME BEFORE) When you go and draw the tweak file from the winrar to the desktop. you go and take away the bla bla bla. then you change the stuff in the tweak to move it into the folder after. when i draw it into the folder. it fails or doesn't do anything at all. whit the newer verisons. i fail. like it doesent work. i dont have permision or something. with the older ones. it wont start moving it in . So i cant mod anymore. And now when i accualy found out how to make a seperate mod, I cant fucking mod it :S so help me please!

The original BF2/2142 are write-protected ( for a good reason ) . If you really want to change the contents ( which is not recommended 'cause it forfeits the content check ) you need to uncheck the 'read-only' attribute for the ZIP you're modifying and then open it in WinRAR.

if your using windows 7 you need to dl the "ultimate windows tweaker" and check the "take ownership" buttons,also everytime you need to change a file you need to right click on file,take ownership and uncheck read only,default windows 7 prevents files in the program files folders to be modified...F,n stupid idea.