• Announcements

• Detrux

Site Relaunched   10/13/2016

Welcome back to BFEditor.org! We've upgraded the forum software, removed the spammers, and improved security. Apologies for the downtime! Det
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lauryxy

How To Make Ai Land Transport Helicopters

8 posts in this topic

I removed parachutes from all soldiers for realism but that created a problem: transport heli pilots still tell passengers to bail out. So when soldiers don't have parachutes then they'll jump to their deaths. I'm not going to give the parachutes back so my question is how to make AI land transport helis or at least hover very low and then tell soldiers to get out and then not jump out himself to keep transporting soldiers to the battle(which would mean he reacts to transport requests)?

BTW is there a way that the gunners wouldn't get out when the pilot tells them to?

Edited by Lauryxy

I'm afraid you expect a little too much from the AI. I for my part *never* saw a bot land an airplane or a heli in all the BF series intentionally.

For helis you basically have two choices . Either you declare it a combat helicopter ( "Helicopter" behaviour ) or a transporter ( "TransportHelicopter" behaviour ) . Transporters will pick up players and order them to bail. Combat helis will not pickup players but don't order to bail except on damage. Stealing the parachutes is something you can't explain to the AI so either they jump to their doom or you add chutes if you want them to use the transporters reasonably.

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

Ok then, is it then possible that a chute would change soldier's appearance until you have used it. I mean chutes are like weapons for computer, right? So when you give it only 1 ammo and no extra mags( :lol: ) then it's a single-use parachute afaik. So is it possible to change player's model depending on whether it has ammo or not so that when it runs out of ammo then the chute on his back disappears?

BTW I haven't seen any transport helis pick up other players, they don't even wait for them on the ground.

The parachute is a vehicle , not a weapon ( thats the reason you still can use your gun while parachuting ). Changing the kit geometry on ground impact is not possible afaik. But maybe some smart guy around here comes up with an idea.

' date='25 April 2011 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1303760302' post='103732']

The parachute is a vehicle , not a weapon

Then what is the parachute launcher and why does removing this from soldiers remove the parachute?

And if i change parachutelauncher's ammo to 1 then can the parachute still be used more than once?

Bot's don't play with ammo limits. Bots have unlimited ammo, so restricting the parachute to 1 would probably not work for bots.

Bot's don't play with ammo limits. Bots have unlimited ammo, so restricting the parachute to 1 would probably not work for bots.

Not fair! Is there a way to limit the ammo for the bots too?

I'm pretty sure on the IDF mod, they have a custom ai helicopter behavior for transports, where the pilots and gunners don't bail but instead continue to hover over a CP till captured then move on. Therefore the gunner is actually a gunner.