Panthrox1

for a linux server per map i only edit the following:

-lower case the map folder

MyMap = mymap

-lower case the info folder

Info = info

-lower case the desc file

MyMap.desc = mymap.desc

Yes,I could change that, but the server still does not work.

PS: It is a Linux x64, Any solution?

PS: It is a Linux x64, Any solution?
In that case you first should make sure that the vanilla BF2 server does indeed run. When using the provided shell script 'start.sh' it should detect your architecture and fire the appropriate server app. Make sure that all files are chmod'ed to be accessible and executable by the BF2 server user e.g. :

chmod -R 774 /usr/battlefield/bf2/

Edited by mschoeldgen[Xww2]

' date='28 April 2011 - 04:52 AM' timestamp='1303977126' post='103779']

In that case you first should make sure that the vanilla BF2 server does indeed run. When using the provided shell script 'start.sh' it should detect your architecture and fire the appropriate server app. Make sure that all files are chmod'ed to be accessible and executable by the BF2 server user e.g. :

chmod -R 774 /usr/battlefield/bf2/

Not a problem of permissions, the bf2 editor does not have any option to compile and package the maps so that maps are compatible with Linux?,

Not a problem of permissions, the bf2 editor does not have any option to compile and package the maps so that maps are compatible with Linux?,

This is unneccessary. Every online tested map which runs on a windoze dedi does run on the linux server provided you have changed all file and folder names in it to lowercase.Of course the map folder itself must also be lowercase. The current linux dedi version should be 1.5.3153.0

you also musn't have spaces in file and foldernames, custom letters should also be avoided , like ä ö ü or so.

You haven't answered if the vanilla bf2 dedi does run.

' date='06 May 2011 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1304695784' post='103854']

<MAP gsid="xxxx">

That is only a GameSpy ID and not needed by your map.

Ok, thank you very much for the help, I served a lot, when I finish my map, I try again with linux which is now under 32-bit linux, I have no problems, then test it on 64bit.